1/15/16..PM edition!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 12:30PM and there weren't to many cars and the temperature was 39 degrees which is mad goldilocks. Not to hot, not to cold...just right. A few minutes later boarded the poconos coldest six pack and first run was paradise which was very nice. Not many people on it and most of the people were goobers who are too slow to get in the way. The snow on Paradise was just the beginning of spring conditions. Fast but a little soft. The snow on Main Street was more winter conditions with some sugar and ice. I did find a little swath of fresh cord on the left side of Barneys bumps which was pretty nice.

The quad was running as well and I rode it a few times for a change of scenery. Razors has good coverage but they still need to fully groom it out as there are cookies the size of watermelons...nightmare had a good amount of snowmaking. No snowmaking yet on dream weaver, not much on challenge and none on sidewinder. Lazy mile was alright some runs it was crazy mile while others I had nice long sections with not many people. I took the Main Street chair once and to illustrate how uncrowded it was the Burma chair wasn't even running. I rode with a lady from upstate New York who said she was overdressed. I was overdressed a little as the temperature rose into the low to mid 40s. I forgot to mention but when I arrived Blues new mascot Carve was out on the snow and there was a tent looking for new employees. I know they are hiring ambassadors if anybody is interested in a free season pass.

I took the Main Street chair so I could ski widowmaker but it wasn't open at least from the top so I took easy out to vista to Burma back to the six pack. Then ended with another lazy and another paradise. I managed 10 runs in an hour and 45 minutes. The pace prob could have been better considering no lifelines but the lift stopped prob every other ride. In the lot I chatted for a minute with the guy parked next to me and Marty as well had my last dirt wolf leftover from last weekend then picked up more dirt wolf on the way home for this weekend. Was a decent session. If conditions were a 4 out of 10 Tuesday night I'll call today a 6 out of 10. The stupid little whoop Dee doos after the falls are gone and coverage is very good. See everybody this weekend.