Feb 21 2016

enjoralas

Hit up Camelback today using second day on a triple ticket for there. Would have rather gone yesterday, but it was blacked out. Started out running some of their top to bottom greens getting a feel for the conditions. Started out hard and icy but softened up quickly and were nice through lunch. After lunch maybe a little too soft, only made a few runs after lunch. Partially because of conditions, partially because of fatigue, and partially because they closed all the fixed grip lifts (or at least the convenient ones) while we were in having lunch leaving longer, annoying lines at the quads.

Ended up with about 25 runs for just over 20 miles skied, my longest day thus far. Quads are paying for it right now. Covered all the greens and blues, and a couple runs down Pharoah to mix in a black. Runs of the day for me were Nile Mile and my Pharaoh. Took one spill, on Big Pocono. It was bumped up a little and I wasn't ready for it, misjudged a couple and ended up getting thrown in the backseat. Caught the left ski and couldn't power it back on just the right, went down soft and slid 25-30 ft down the slope on my back, which was actually kinda fun, lol. Got up and finished the run with no issues.

Was a good day. Next day on the snow is a play hooky from work day this Friday at Blue.

• Like 3