Shawnee Park

parkbuilder

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hah yea true, two fav local mountains right there, shawnee's my "home mtn" cause ive been going there for a while now and most of the time i just like being there more than the creek since there pretty much always no crowds/lines and less hype.....but i love mc too cause of what they got there

hah yea true, two fav local mountains right there, shawnee's my "home mtn" cause ive been going there for a while now and most of the time i just like being there more than the creek since there pretty much always no crowds/lines and less hype.....but i love mc too cause of what they got there

33803[/snapback]

totally hear you man... the lines are crazy at creek on the weekends and week nights after school, but shawnee never has that problem... and lets hope that shaw's park gets better this year ;)

definatly, i thought shawnee's park was gonna be a lot better last year, but yea they have to set it up their rails n jumps A LOT better....it was wierd having to go up the plateau to jump onto the boxes they had there, also with the rainbow u couldnt do because there was big chunks of icey snow leading onto the front of the rail, and the halfpipe didnt even look like a halfpipe...it was retardrd

yeah dude, nothing crazy onto the rails, but a jump on. Not a hop just to get over the inch of rail like last year. you know how the creek shit is setup, perfection. not saying LIKE THEM, but saying the rails setup, you know how to do it right. yeah i'm lookin forward to some bigger jumps too. And about the rail next to the pipe, listen. NO RAILS ONTOP OF HILLS hahahaha like the FDF was last year. that was rediculous. just bury the rails more intot eh ground instead of ontop of huge hills. and not soo much big jumps onto the rail like DFD. You know what i mean?

oh and the CBOX. The last plateau. What we did, was we setup the c box completely sideways. we put it ontop and a jump onto each side of it. It was a really sicksetup. so you pretty much went down, hit the cbox on an angle, and then ended up coming BACK DOWN the plateau, up the hill. You know what i mean??

Listen, try to get them to hire 3-4 people for a park crew dude. I WILL BE WILLING and i can GIVE you 3 people to help you out. Me and my friends are regulars and ALL WE EVER did was help out and fix everything. maybe me and a few friends can meet up with you and such, and help you out because believe me, we have a REALLY good taste for parks. two of my friends made it to USASA nationals out in Colorado last season. maybe drop me a PM with your number, b/c this needs to be done right this year.

Last year we had a park crew meeting, and setup everything how we wanted it, and they didnt put it in right. seriously man, i'd like to do this, this has been my mountain forever, we need this good!

yeah dude, nothing crazy onto the rails, but a jump on. Not a hop just to get over the inch of rail like last year. you know how the creek shit is setup, perfection. not saying LIKE THEM, but saying the rails setup, you know how to do it right. yeah i'm lookin forward to some bigger jumps too. And about the rail next to the pipe, listen. NO RAILS ONTOP OF HILLS hahahaha like the FDF was last year. that was rediculous. just bury the rails more intot eh ground instead of ontop of huge hills. and not soo much big jumps onto the rail like DFD. You know what i mean?

oh and the CBOX. The last plateau. What we did, was we setup the c box completely sideways. we put it ontop and a jump onto each side of it. It was a really sicksetup. so you pretty much went down, hit the cbox on an angle, and then ended up coming BACK DOWN the plateau, up the hill. You know what i mean??

Listen, try to get them to hire 3-4 people for a park crew dude. I WILL BE WILLING and i can GIVE you 3 people to help you out. Me and my friends are regulars and ALL WE EVER did was help out and fix everything. maybe me and a few friends can meet up with you and such, and help you out because believe me, we have a REALLY good taste for parks. two of my friends made it to USASA nationals out in Colorado last season. maybe drop me a PM with your number, b/c this needs to be done right this year.

Last year we had a park crew meeting, and setup everything how we wanted it, and they didnt put it in right. seriously man, i'd like to do this, this has been my mountain forever, we need this good!

33844[/snapback]

hey guys,

they do not want to hire any more crew because they cant afford it. i know we need more than one guy but, idk... its their money. The setup will be good, i swear... but i dont have a problem having a meeting, that would be sweet shit to hear what you guys want, its your mountain anyway. Once we get closer to the season we can def talk more. Just remember that these guys are working off of what their consultants told them, non of them really ride. thats kind where I come in! I promise this park will be great this year. Here is my SN, Kreisch17 thanks for your input, ill need it!

hey guys,

they do not want to hire any more crew because they cant afford it. i know we need more than one guy but, idk... its their money. The setup will be good, i swear... but i dont have a problem having a meeting, that would be sweet shit to hear what you guys want, its your mountain anyway. Once we get closer to the season we can def talk more. Just remember that these guys are working off of what their consultants told them, non of them really ride. thats kind where I come in! I promise this park will be great this year. Here is my SN, Kreisch17 thanks for your input, ill need it!

33863[/snapback]

Props to you man!! What a great attitude!!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI shawnee had an amazing halfpipe from 93-95. it was located on the east side of the mtn right near the nascar course. When they moved it over twoards delaware it got screwed up.

But when they first opened the park on top of delaware (c 96) they had some sick jumps

FYI shawnee had an amazing halfpipe from 93-95. it was located on the east side of the mtn right near the nascar course.  When they moved it over twoards delaware it got screwed up.

But when they first opened the park on top of delaware (c 96) they had some sick jumps

34801[/snapback]

well i start the job the second week of november fixing all of the features and getting them ready for the season, the jumps will be pretty sweet this year on the trail. I wish I had CAT experience so I could cut a decent pipe, we do have a new pipe groomer... so i think only time will tell.

yo man i can help ya out a lil bit, but it doesnt sound like you have the budget to play the big game, and thats respectable that you can deal with the hands ur dealt but where you really need to push to upper management is Crew members, thats not a one man job, i know im heading up prolly at least 10 people if not more down at bear, but yea id love to see an improvement, i was up for a comp at the end of the year and i was very very disappointed, but hey ill spare ya the story, but if you want some pointers or anything message me well talk a wee bit

Hey BCP,

I appreciate that alot. Im always down to hear ideas and pointers. I know that Im not going to be able to do everything I want in terms of unique setups because I am super limited by management (and a full staff!)... I praying that I can bring some respect back to their park and make it enjoyable for all levels of riders. But I have a feeling that because of restrictions that I won't be able to accomplish some dreams of mine. But Im a fighter and I know at least the actual setups will be perfect this year.

FYI shawnee had an amazing halfpipe from 93-95. it was located on the east side of the mtn right near the nascar course.  When they moved it over twoards delaware it got screwed up.

34801[/snapback]

yea the pipe was really good when they had the smaller park over on country club, hopefully it'll be better this season

and parkbuilder, i really glad ur listening to us about the park n all.....cause i wanna forget about last years park, thanks man

• 2 weeks later...

i dont ride at shawnee all that much but if you guys are gonna do anything at all with your park i suggest improving your pipe because the first time i went there last year i was like haha guys funny now wheres the pipe, and when anyone ever asked me anything about shawnees park i always said "well, their pipe looks like it was cut with chainsaws and forks"

• 3 weeks later...

Well its getting to be that time again where planning the park is coming into play. Once these cold temperatures arrive and the snow is blowing, the park opening won't be far away. I want to gather as many ideas on setups as local riders want. It's your park and any help would be awsome. The pipe will be in much better condition this year as we will not open it until we feel it is completly ready, plus we have a new pipe groomer. If there is any air pockets that develop or big chunks or caynons, I'll be in there patching things up pretty much everyday with a rake/shovel. Now that the pipe is out of the way... SEND ME THOSE OPINIONS!

Edited by parkbuilder

The new double box has arrived at the mountain and ready to go. It can best be described as two 25'-30' flat boxes side by side, but at diffrent hight levels to mix things up. The bottom box is about 2'1/2" tall, while the box next to it is about 3'-4' tall. The boxes are about a good 2' wide as well giving everyone lots of options. But which side do you want lower??? left or right? It's your call so give in those comments.

If i was to use the double box i would want the lower, on the right. Also if you want a cool idea for a feature. Get a jump like where you hit a kicker up to a big snow chuck, 10 feet high and then hit a kicker off the top of that. If you go to freeskier.com and look at ski movie teasers go into Shanghai six and you will now what feature it is after seeing the teaser.

If i was to use the double box i would want the lower, on the right. Also if you want a cool idea for a feature. Get a jump like where you hit a kicker up to a big snow chuck, 10 feet high and then hit a kicker off the top of that. If you go to freeskier.com and look at ski movie teasers go into Shanghai six and you will now what feature it is after seeing the teaser.

Don't even need to look at that bud... thats a great idea, they are called a step-up to step-down... has anyone seen "from______, with love."? they have three steps all lined up in one jump, its insane. Anyway, I'll bring the idea up with the guys, even a step-up would be hot sh*t. Any reason for the lower box on the left? or is that just preference?