Book review

skimom

You should pick one or 2 people as coaches and listen to what they say...Insted of trying to read a bunch of different books, and listen to everyone that tells you stuff...Just focus on one or 2 things at a time.

You could have 15 coaches look at a course, each coach would have the fastest way to go down, and none of them woudl be the same...

You should pick one or 2 people as coaches and listen to what they say...Insted of trying to read a bunch of different books, and listen to everyone that tells you stuff...Just focus on one or 2 things at a time.

You could have 15 coaches look at a course, each coach would have the fastest way to go down, and none of them woudl be the same...

I like books. :nana

Looks like a nice strong outside leg, rotating the femur a little downward, and bringing the outside hip foward to me....(among other things)

'Dude sure knows his turns. Yeah, and it's Kjus, so it's as old school as there is on the World Cup right now. LeMaster's series pics are the perfect training tool, even better than video. Check this slalom run, where Schlopy is a bit late in the first gate, then nails the second (although Bode would have cleared with his boot buckles):

schlopy_feature_120502.jpg

I watch my Videos frame by frame....

I have 2000, 2001, 2002 winning FIS runs on 3 DVDs someone sent me. I would love to copy them for people who wanted to see them, but they are huge files, and don't fit on my normal CDs.... If anyone wants a copy, PM me, and I'll see what I can do.

Ski999 good pictures....If I could just look at it, then do ;)

I like books. :nana

I listen to everyone, except those who are longwinded, but believe little of it. Read/hear 10 things to get one useful one.

I'm confused.. that seems a contradiction :lol: longwinded speeches i presume? I know that long winded posts often referred to as books. I don't get it? sorry mum - I just did one of those double take thingies and had to ask.

I watch my Videos frame by frame....

I have 2000, 2001, 2002 winning FIS runs on 3 DVDs someone sent me. I would love to copy them for people who wanted to see them, but they are huge files, and don't fit on my normal CDs.... If anyone wants a copy, PM me, and I'll see what I can do.

Ski999 good pictures....If I could just look at it, then do ;)

Bring them up to CB this season. I would love to have them for Ridge.

Books have Tables of Contents and an Index so the process is potentially more efficient than someone blithering on and on. Also, text images can be helpful. But, a poorly written book is useless too. For every 4 tempting books, maybe one turns out to be valuable.

Ever heard of this one?

0880119829.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Two ski racing-specific books that are worth reading are How the Racers Ski and The Athletic Skier by Warren Witherell. Both are somewhat dated now, but still good reading.

Ron LeMaster's photos are first class, but I would prefer video over still montages any day. There is too much "I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't believed it" interpretation that goes on when people discuss photos of ski racers.

Disclaimer: I am not a racer, coach or instructor. Just a ski nut who enjoys following racers and racing technique. The above is just an opinion I have formed.

Tim