Purl Powder Wax?

LineSki

Ok I got some of this wax for free, I imagine its a rub on. It comes in a full powder form, so figure I guess I will try to rub some in with a little sponge that is attached to the lid, and it just like wont stick. I mean a little of it stuck in to the ridges of the skis (old ones, dry bases). But I cant imagine how this would have any signifagance on making you go faster, I think it would wear off in the lift line to be honest with you. So am I doing something wrong or is this just really crappy wax?

Sponges are for applying paste waxes. This is powder? Powder needs to be corked in, not rubbed with a sponge. Purl makes a pretty decent powder overlay for high humidity snow. So what you have isn't really meant for waxing your board, but for adding as a final touch to your wax.

Sprinkle it on, then use a cork to rub it in---any kind of cork works, even champagne bottle corks. But don't use it on cold, dry days or your board will be grabby.

Fluoro overlays used on 55 degree days make your skis run like a hockey puck on ice. They generally start being effective over 32 degrees, though there are cold fluoros. Fluoros repell water, so it needs moisture in the snow to be effective. But also keep in mind that for all the work you'll put into corking it in, it'll only last one or two runs at most.

Purl also manufactures a superior line of fluoro additives specifically designed for Riders who want to get the highest level of performance from their gear. Our focus on product performance rather than flashy advertising campaigns allows us to offer High Performance fluoro lines at a reasonable price.

Check out the Fluoro Racing Powder

Application: Sprinkle the Powder in an even distribution across your base and apply moderate pressure with a cork back and forth to bond the powder to the base wax. Use a horsehair brush or a roto brush to polish your base until it shines.

Fluoro Powders are often referred to as the ?one run wonder.? While powder additives do provide incredible speed, they only stay on your base for one or two runs. Purl Liquid Glide offers a Fluoro Polyethylene blend to make your fluoro experience last longer. The Polyethylene molecules bond with your base while the fluoro molecules interact with the snow providing very high speeds and impressive durability.

http://purlracing.com/osc/catalog/privacy.php

Check out their website for info on that wax.