RIDE Timeless

Timeless

Anyone have any experience or views on the Ride Timeless (164), I've been offered a nearly new one one at a reasonable price, but the owner (ex work colleague) has moved to Texas and so it's difficult to try it out.

I would like it as a second board for freeriding, I'd like something a little more stable at speed than my M3 discord (158.5) for when I'm riding with my mostly skiing friends.

I came pretty close to buying that board but decided on Plamer Honeycomb 3. The timeless is a stiff board, it will eliminate your chatter at high speeds and give you more stability (especially at 164 cm). It makes turning a little harder (depends on how much you weigh) but overall it's a really good freeriding board. I ride park with my Palmer although it's probably too stiff for it, but it doesn't bother me all that much, I'm assuming the Timeless would handle somewhat similar.

You'll love the control and the speed you'll be able to hit with that board. Bomb down Cliffy or one of the front four and you'll see how much more stable it is. :)

How much do you weigh? 164 is outrageously big unless you want a pow board.

Also, I've got a buddy who's trying to sell a brand new Timeless in a limited edition colorway, I forget what the size is but I know he's trying to get rid of it pretty cheap (retails for like $600, he won it at a premiere and already has a board).

How much do you weigh? 164 is outrageously big unless you want a pow board.

Also, I've got a buddy who's trying to sell a brand new Timeless in a limited edition colorway, I forget what the size is but I know he's trying to get rid of it pretty cheap (retails for like $600, he won it at a premiere and already has a board).

I weigh around 190lb's (maybe 200 geared up) and I'm just short of 6' so I figured I would want something over 160 for fast freeriding.

Pow board :lol: remember where I live....

Have you or any of your bud's ever ridden a timeless? Any opinions? I've heard some negative things about cap construction boards but looking at a few articles on construction techniques I can't see an inherent weakness.

If you've got some more details on this board (size, color, price etc) I might be interested.

For your weight and height the 164 Timeless will be a perfect freeride board for you. My all mountain board is a 162 Ride Serum from a couple of years ago and its fast and very stable, similar to the Timeless but not as stiff. The Serum I have has the same quadratic sidecut as the Timeless and holds an edge very well and is very quick edge to edge. If you can get it for cheap it would be good for you especially if you plan on hitting bigger resorts up north or just want to bomb some runs with a lot more stability.

DH what size is that Timeless he is trying to get rid of?

Edited by Allian Boarder

this year the timeless isn't capped. They still use their capped concept, but incorporate it into a sidewall. The biggest differences in the sidewall vs cap argument are its dampening proprties and durability. gots to go pack, leaving for killing in an hour