Snow at CB

Luke

Hope you have fun at dryland tomorrow...Hope they don't make you do it in that parking lot ;)

I didn't think the H2 woudl do dougnuts...lol

Its good that they have lots of snow, hopefully they have lots of good stuff open when they open.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget CB has a massive base area to open. If they want to open the park opening day, then you need to have snow from the park, all the way to the quad, which probably takes a while to make....Could they have opened with meadows and the meadows lift, or majies...Probably, just one, not both.

The base area doesn't need to be open for the mountain to operate. It's a convenience, but not essential to riding the trails. If hunter can open open the mountain without snow all the way to the bottom CB can certainly open without a base area. Most people walk up to the park lift anyways because its up hill.

It would be easier for them not to even bother with that side, but they want a begginnner trail, that doesn't go from the top, meadows, open...You could argue that they could wait til Febuary to cover the base area, but it just doesn't work out too well if CB wants to have terain open for noobs and not noobs

Skidude, did you notice alot of Camelback skiers at Blue mountain today? I wonder which ski area has 100 percent of their terrain open first (halfpipes and full terrain parks also). I can''t imagine what it was like during the 1950s when there was no snowmaking. At Okemo I read in a magazine that one season their upper mountain was only open 3 days.

I don't really see what 100% open first would tell you...If you compaired sq. acres to average base depth or something, you could probably find out something or other about who blew more snow...But finding the average base depth would be very hard....

What I'm trying to say is if CB put 3 inches of snow on each trail, and blue put 2 foot, then CB would be open in a week....

ughh im going to bed :rolleyes:

You peple are so anxious. If you really wanna ski/board that bad than just go to blue, no one really cares. I'm gonna wait another week and have an amazing beggining of the season, I can live with that.

Looks like nice cold snowmaking weather all this week and if its Friday December 9th for opening a real good part of the mountain should be open by then. Should be the best opening day conditions ever.

Time to head down to the garage and sharpen and wax the board.

Looks like nice cold snowmaking weather all this week and if its Friday December 9th for opening a real good part of the mountain should be open by then. Should be the best opening day conditions ever.

Yeah when I went up there yesterday they had huge piles of snow everywhere. They were telling us that they have enough snow on 90% of the trails they want to have open for friday. So im hoping that they will mabey open with alittle more than 12 trails....

Yeah when I went up there yesterday they had huge piles of snow everywhere. They were telling us that they have enough snow on 90% of the trails they want to have open for friday. So im hoping that they will mabey open with alittle more than 12 trails....

Yeah that would be nice too. The weather forcast calls for 24hr a day snowmaking right through the next 15 days. Hopefully that will bring 100% open by Christmas, now that would be a nice Christmas present. That's a lot to ask for because Nile and raceway take a lot of firepower, but hopefully it can be done.

Hopefully they are able to make enough that we can see the new features in the terrain park real soon too. (wall ride, etc.)

Had mine sharpened and waxed for a month now :D . I can't wait till this weekend. Over on the camelback message board one of the admins said that they will start moving the snowmaking towards the east side tonight. With the forecast temperatures not getting out of the 20s this week they should definitelly be able to open with 12 or more trails but we'll see. Good thing is they seem to be blowing at almost 100% so at least they are keeping up their goal of doing everything to open with very good conditions.

Edited by Luke