Adult Training Opportunities

JohnnyP

I know that this is for PA stuff, but since I am from the land of Hair spray and chemical dumping grounds, alot of times I must go seeking elsewhere for good training and skiing till the season gears up around here. I am posting this in case anyone has some time to get in some really good training in the preseason. I coach at this adult clinic and also do a fair amount of training at the same time. It is worth it, even if you can arrange to attend a day or two. Julie Woodworth is an alumnae of the US Ski Team and has World Cup experience and her and her staff know what they are talking about. She employs USSA Certified coaches, of pretty high levels and they are really good. I owe a lot to her and her staff for giving me the technical and tactical skills that I have acquired. Not only that, they are a great group fo people. It takes place at Okemo and she is pretty flexable when it comes to adults, she knows that we have a 'real-life' so to speak and sometimes cannot make the whole week and can make arrangements for even a day or two if necessary. Here is your chance. Call in sick, take a personal day or two, maybe a mental health day- we all need those, take those extra days of vacation that your gonna lose by Jan 1st or take the vacation that you were going to spend with in-laws you really didnt want to see for the holidays anyway.

Instead of putting an attachment here, I'll just copy and paste it. I am not soliciting it, I am just saying this is a great training opportunity for has beens, never will be's and wanna be's like us.

WOODWORTH SKI AND FITNESS PROGRAMS

ADULT/MASTERS RACE CAMP AT OKEMO MOUNTAIN

December, 5-6-7-8, 2005

Julie Woodworth - Camp Director

Sponsored by Okemo Mountain, Reliable Racing

* Four days of professional coaching * Wine & cheese reception

* Race strategy sessions * Discount at local establishments

* Gate training & video * Sponsor give - aways/raffles

* Tactical drills & techniques

* Low racer/coach ratio

CAMP FEE: $375.00 * Includes: coaching, tickets, video, tech talks, and wine & cheese reception

For More information Contact Julie Woodworth/Reese Brown @ 802-226-8188, fax 802-226-7117 or fill out the registration form below. E- Mail at Julie@vara.org

LODGING: Cavendish Point Hotel 802-226-7688

The Colonial Best Western 802-228-8188

Okemo Lodging 802-228-4041

Woodworth Ski & Fitness Programs Adult Race Camp at Okemo Mountain

Name ______________________________________________ Age ___________ DOB_____________

Address ____________________________________________ City ___________ State/Zip_________

Ph ____________________________ Wk_______________________ Fax_______________________

Lodging info Y / N Please include your $100 deposit. Deposit _______ Ck #_________

Return to: Woodworth Ski & Fitness Programs

PO Box 82, Cavendish, VT 05142

Ph/802-226-8188 Fax 802-226-7117

E-Mail julie@vara.org

It's usually on Wardance, where OMS trains, sometimes it is further over for a day near sapphire. As far as cost, it includes lift, video and 4 days of coaching, from about 9am to 3 something pm, with an hour break for lunch and video review and then a video review after the day is done . So that breaks down to what..about 90 something bucks a day..something like that. Understand its not a couple of hours a day, it's training and work all day for 4 days. Coach to racer ratio has traditionally been about 7 or 8 to 1 and the venue on the hill is normally broken up into two to three courses with different things being worked on with each and when we do GS it is usually about 40 somthing seconds long, depending on how tired the campers are and how good the snow conditions are. SL is usually divided into shorter sections as it seems to be more grueling to us 'older folks ' and we can only handle about 30 something secs per stretch and then a breather and hit the second course that is waiting. It is geared for amateurs like ourselves that want a taste of real coaching and in my opinion it is worth the cost. A similar camp is running at Killington the same week that costs about 400 dollars and is for similar level racers and although it includes 5 days, the schedule is not as full and is easier going as Woodworth's, but still a good camp. Most of these camps and clinics are all around the same price, give or take a few dollars, it's what your tastes or level of committment is. I have to say I really like training with the coaches that Woodworth has though, they are all extremely knowledgable and experienced. Anyway, Im sure if anyone has any questions, you can email her or call. Hey, you could ask for a cash discount, lol, I always do.

Edited by JohnnyP

Thanks, Johnny!

Just FYI, Doug, MSRT was charging $875 and I'm paying $650 for Sugarbush (although that includes lodging with a private room)...but you aren't wrong: racing and race training is about as expensive as a sport can get, unless you are raising a figure skater with a private coach.

Thanks, Johnny!

Just FYI, Doug, MSRT was charging $875 and I'm paying $650 for Sugarbush (although that includes lodging with a private room)...but you aren't wrong: racing and race training is about as expensive as a sport can get, unless you are raising a figure skater with a private coach.

$650 for haw many days/nights?