New Boots

LineSki

I got some Lange CRL FR80 boots in August at nestors. When I was in them yesterday for the first time, I couldnt keep them on for more than 10 minutes because of the pain the arch of my foot was in. And in one boot my toe was hitting the front, I figured they just had to pack out. I wore them all day and kept having to take them off. I couldnt even get my feet in them towards the end it seemed way too tight. I was hiking a rail all day hitting it, not real skiing, but its what I will be doing with them at cb. So I'm want to know two things, will they pack out or are they just too small, the felt really good when I tried them on. Two if I should take them back to get new ones does anyone know nestors return policy on boots.

Edited by LineSki

we have a bootfit garantee on any boot we sell for the whole season. when you say you have pain in your arch, is it on top of your foot or the bottom? it sounds like either you are buckling the boot too tight over the top of your foot or the boot is actually a little too big and you have a prominant arch, which, along with your toes, is hitting when your foot slides forward inside the boot. in either case, bring them into the shop and we'd be glad to check them out and rectify the problem for you.

you can remold lange's new boots everytime you go out and ride if really wanted to, the new liner is essentially limitless in how many times it can be remolded, since its not "foam" in the conventional boot liner sense. adrian, the toe cap thing isnt really an issue with ski boots, as most of them now have a neoprene toebox that stretches to accomidate the foot.

thats a nice feature. when are knuckled draggers goin to steal that one, haha?

i suggest returning them and sizing down, riding them a lot, buying insoles, and/or tying up a bit looser (im not positive that that one translates from snowboard boots to ski boots).

While on the topic of new boots. I got Rossi elite exp 3's. This is my first pair of boots, I've always used rentals. I had a question about the canting forward or backward of them. I noticed that they seem to be more comfortable, canted almost straight up, instead of forward. However, there seems to be more play in them when they are straight, as opposed to canted forward. Is there more of an advantage having them canted forward...I know that shin pressure should be kept on the tongues. Or is it just a matter of preference? Thanks.

so I went in today and a guy named andy helped me out he didnt really get technical with me or tell me what was causing it. He just put some new footbeds in the boot and said how does it feel. It still hurt my foot a little but not nearly as much, there was a lot more support on the arch of my foot. I didnt have enough for the footbeds so he put them on hold for me till friday. Not really what I wanted to hear that i had to pay 30 for my pain to go away. but he fixed my problem, sort of.