Friday Night Conditions?

BadMrFrosty

i dont think the park is open right now. at least thats what their website says. the small one on cascade is open but that wouldnt be worth the trip if you are going to primarily ski park... im not sure though. somebody that skis bear on a regular basis might be more of a help.

The park is open.

dude im sure the park wont be too good after all that rain but it should be ok... and yeah it will be slushy i dont know if thats good or bad for you

I thought it wasn't supposed to rain until saturday night.... I'm thinking of heading up saturday morning now. I would rather it be slushy then slam my ass on sheets of ice. I went last sunday night to Blue Mt and it was completely miserable.... I never want to do that again.

i figure it willbe a little slushy do to the warm water....they should have enough snow...they blew for a few days straight and added 2 more in. last night...it most likely wont be icey....it wont be great but it will definetly be rideable

....and yes it will be open....

Is the roller coaster rail still up and has anybody tried it. I wanted to try it last Friday but I got in trouble and couldnt go snowboarding.

If the park isn't open on Friday iam gonna be pissed cause Friday night is the only day this weekend i can get up to Bear.

yes the rollercoaster was still up last tiem i was there ....tues...it is fairly hard to hit with a 50-50 but if you can boardslide then you will probably be able to go about 50% of the time...good luck

EIs the roller coaster rail still up and has anybody tried it. I wanted to try it last Friday but I got in trouble and couldnt go snowboarding.

If the park isn't open on Friday iam gonna be pissed cause Friday night is the only day this weekend i can get up to Bear

EDIT:

Im sorry i was thinking inverse....the rollercoaster is extremely hard and they had it set up crooked...good luck anyway

Edited by Oakley21

Is the roller coaster rail still up and has anybody tried it. I wanted to try it last Friday but I got in trouble and couldnt go snowboarding. :(

If the park isn't open on Friday iam gonna be pissed cause Friday night is the only day this weekend i can get up to Bear. :banghead

The roller coaster isnt as hard as everyone makes it sound. You just have to have the balls to stay on it (not dissing anyone or anything). The key to getting the whole thing is pumping down the transition of the first hump and up the transition of the second. Also try not to move around on it alot, dont be trying to swing out a boardslide or w/e in the middle of the transition b/c you will get eaten alive. Hope that helps

I thought it wasn't supposed to rain until saturday night.... I'm thinking of heading up saturday morning now. I would rather it be slushy then slam my ass on sheets of ice. I went last sunday night to Blue Mt and it was completely miserable.... I never want to do that again.

skiing anywhere at night when it is 25 degrees after it was 55 degrees all day isnt something you want to do again.

I was there today from about 3:45p to 5:45p. Just in time for the sun to come off it. Got solid. From what I heard from one of the guys there earlier was that it was nice. Some of the landings were a little trenched so it had to be softer earlier on. I tend to wreck in the ice, but that is not to say there were not a number of gnarly individuals throwing down despite the iceyness. Now as for conditions, hopefully someone will post pictures since I saw someone taking them in the park...

Cascade Park: gap (15'-ish), small tabletop (12'), splits to same comp setup (two rails, C box), and small tabletop down at the end. Note there is now a nice starting spot heaped up on the left side before the rail section.

Main Park (left side): twin booter (left low, right high), showtime booter (big! 25'? need lots of speed to clear it, perfect distance from top booter), rainbow rail, S rail, twin tabletop (15', left low, right high), rollercoaster rail. (no more dragontail/reverse rainbow rail)

Main Park (right side): battleship rail, low rail, wall ride (set up decent), can't really make anything for the tabletop but can still hit the rollercoaster rail.

Halfpipe taking shape but super chunky inside. Guess it was a rough cut to get the walls in place, need more snow to finish it out. Dimensions look alright with what appears to be about the same pitch as last year.

Personally I think some of the trannys are a bit lipped up and could feel it in my knees pretty quick. Someone on the lift said the same thing to me so this is at least two men's opinions... Other than that, a great setup!

Now if I can get out of work early and get a second run at the setup when it is a little softer and has a better feel...

i just got back from the creek . the double rainbow rail is up . the dragon tail rail was not up . i heard park crew talking about changing the setup of the park soon . so maybe they will throw the dragon tail back out ? i hope so 270 out of a boardside looks nasty on it