First Trip

Schif

This entire forum looked pretty empty so I'll start posting now that I've actually been there. Last night was my first trip to Tussey. They've got some great deals so every Tuesday and Thursday you can go for $10. Heres the rundown: I hopped on the B route bus and was at the lodge in just over 20 minutes, the bus made a ton of stops to drop commuters off at their houses. The mountain itself is pretty nice. Not the biggest in the world but it serves the purpose. It was definately the smallest mountain I've ever been to. They only really had 3 slopes open last night. A nice long diamond/blue, a green cruiser, and another diamond/blue, but Penn State's ski team was practicing on it so I only did it a 3 times. On the closed side they had another diamond and the terrain park closed. Tussey doesn't exactly have the snowmaking of other places, so the closed trails were closed for a reason. They did make snow like crazy the whole time I was there. The main slope was covered in guns, as was the first headwall of the race trail. Snow was great, only got slightly icy at the very end of the night, but there was enough good snow to be had if you knew where to look. The top of the race trail (above where the gates were) was amazing, the guns threw so much snow down and very few people touched it. Almost made me feel like I was riding powder. Lift wise they have a rather old quad that goes to the top, a T-bar to the top (it was closed) and a small double for the bunny slope. Even though there was a decent crowd, there were hardly any lift lines. The vertical of roughly 500 is like Montage which made me feel right at home, the nice part is that there is no runout at all. Top to bottom there is a really nice pitch which lead me to get my first speed warning of my life from a patroler. Overall I give the place a really nice rating and I can't wait to get back.

Edited by Schifdawg