PA Cup weekend

Ski

:no <<pretty much sums up my weekend

Basiclly I skied like crap the whole weekend, for a few reasons...Mostly because I wasn't mentally there..

I was only like....30 seconds out today :rofl

Ughhh rough weekend...Gretchen Crashed yesterday her second run, Randy did real well yesterday (first I think) and maybe 2nd today. Our very own TJ (skierboi) had a rough weekend too. His second run today was looking real good, and right when I said that, he crashed :angry:

Looking for some races later this month (around the 25th)...2 in NH and 1 in VT, no open ones in NY...

'999 (or anyone else) know anything about how the racing at:

Mt. Sunapee

Cranmore

-or-

Smugglers

or anything else the weekend of the 24/25th...

Mt. Sunapee

Cranmore

-or-

Smugglers

or anything else the weekend of the 24/25th...

NH racing is all good, 'Dude. But the races at Sunapee and Cranmore are Tecnica Cups, which are like PA Cups for NH. Are they really 'opens'? If so, then send an entry ASAP. Any Tecnica Cup race would be awesome. They are on great slopes and rival VT races. Great points, too.

Smuggs? Dunno, but I imagine they are top notch, like any of the other big VT resorts.

no offense to the photographer but who would pay 20.00 for an 8x10 like that. It has nothing to due with you dude I just dont think its a great photo. Ski, are you one of the photogs that go to highschool games and take pictures like that and post for people to buy them?

no offense to the photographer but who would pay 20.00 for an 8x10 like that. It has nothing to due with you dude I just dont think its a great photo. Ski, are you one of the photogs that go to highschool games and take pictures like that and post for people to buy them?

No, I work for a company based in Philly. We contract with 150 colleges and 125 high schools to provide them with pictures of all their sports teams and action. They use them for programs, yearbooks, dart boards, or whatever.

Ski racing is a tough sport for most photogs to shoot. Mostly because the photog doesn't even know what a ski racer considers a good pic. You try and make the subject look great, so you pick a hero gate...like Ridge's pic at NASTAR Nationals. Those photogs did an awesome job...if you surf the NASTAR pages and look at some of the profiles of people that went to Nationals, a lot of people bought their photo and posted them 'cause they were so good.

For slalom, you want a gate that is an easy cross-block and maybe even shinable. Right 'Dude? :D

DSC_6599-copy.jpg