White face mountain

bigdaddyk

I just got back from whiteface. it gets real windy!!! the wind blows the snow around and once the snow is blown off spots there is nothing but ice under it. big patches of ice. the slides were closed off this week again cause when they were open everyone flocked to ski them. they got really skied off and icy so they closed them down again. the blues are easy blues. my son skied the blacks and the trees. he did 2 nastar runs and got a gold medal there. my son also went up to the summit. with 25mph winds i didn't attempt to go up. they skied in snow that was up to my son knees. my brother who was skiing with him said it was like nothing he every skied in. great for the power whores. they say ski early and follow the sun.

other then skiing we rode in the bobsled, went to the top of the ski jumps, saw the torch, took a plane ride over the high peeks, and you can see killington from the plane. we also rode toboggans onto lake mirror. went to the olympic training center, museum, skated on the speed skating circle, watch olympic hopefuls training on the ice where the usa won the gold medal, saw the womens skeleton team in the pizza place.

it was such a great trip!!