Colorado

kragan

Well I arrived in Colorado this afternoon. I called my buddy that was going to be picking me up only to hear bad news that his alternator on his Jeep went out on him and he was trying to find a way to come pick me up. I decided to save him the trouble and rented a car instead. I flew in to Eagle County/Vail airport and got to drive to Dillon (right near Keystone). It was the most amazing drive of my life. I past several resorts on the way and got to drive through Vail pass, it was beautiful. I have not even been on the slopes yet and I am already considering not coming back.

Tomorrow morning I am renting ski's and hitting Vail. I am not sure how long I will last as I can tell the affects of the altitude already, so we'll see. I believe that Friday I will be skiing vail again and then Saturday and Sunday switching over to my snowboard for Keystone. If the conditions permit I may go Cat skiing Monday, but it does not look too promising. I hope to hit Breck at least one day as well.

I won't be able to post as much as the all mighty post whore Doug, but when I get the opportunity to I will. :rock

Kragan, I head out to Utah today (3/2) and I'll be keeping an eye on your reports. I hope we both get good weather. And I hope you connect up with some good rental skis. Remember; "if they ski like crap, take 'em back!" Get them tuned the way you like, or try a different ski.

Try to make daily ride reports, if you can. I know some in the PASR forum enjoy reading them (Doug reads everything!). I always do, even if I don't offer a response.

I'll be skiing Brighton tomorrow and I see the WX report calls for snow. I might need chains to get up Big Cottonwood, or I'll take my bro-in-law's 4 WD truck. Enjoy the *real* hills.

Volklyokel