Stowe Day 1

Dan-

I arrived in stowe around 5 last night, and when we got here and was dumping. I was super stoked and could barely sleep last night. I got up this mourning around 6:30 and instantly go breakfast and got ready to shred. Because of my parents my friend and I didn't hit the lifts until 7:45, but only the triple chair was open because of the winds. It Dumped all day today, we first took a few runs down the trails and there was probably knee deep pow pow, it was sick.

Around 9 they opened up the Double chair, and chris and i instantly starting hiking to the quad. We got up there and said, lets just keep going, We found a trail to keep going up, so we did. I don't know trail names or if was even a marked trail but the pow was waist deep. On our hike we hooked up with some locals and hiked to the peak of... Some mountain, and as we crested the peak, 80+ mph winds instantly blew us backwards. I thought my board was going to fly right out of my hands. SO for the decent, we go through the thickest woods ive ever ridden. Might i add the snow was up to my armpits in spots. Sickest tree line ive done, AMAZING. We got back to the trail we hiked up, and had face shots all the way down, and it was untracked except for the 4 of us that were shreding it. and from there we hit Nosedive and had freshies the entire way down. I was super stoked. After that we went in for lunch and ive never eaten so much food in my life. After an hour rest(me and chris were beat) we headed back out for a few runs. Everything was tracked but hey, i found more pow. We took a few runs and headed in, and now were just resting up for tomorow, as we are hiking it again for more waist deep pow pow.(I guess you can call me a powder whore, but im addicted)

Today was absolutly amazing, and i can't wait to get back out there tomorrow..

Ill have many stories on the lifts at blue... haha

Edited by Switch096

I arrived in stowe around 5 last night, and when we got here and was dumping. I was super stoked and could barely sleep last night. I got up this mourning around 6:30 and instantly go breakfast and got ready to shred. Because of my parents my friend and I didn't hit the lifts until 7:45, but only the triple chair was open because of the winds. It Dumped all day today, we first took a few runs down the trails and there was probably knee deep pow pow, it was sick.

Around 9 they opened up the Double chair, and chris and i instantly starting hiking to the quad. We got up there and said, lets just keep going, We found a trail to keep going up, so we did. I don't know trail names or if was even a marked trail but the pow was waist deep. On our hike we hooked up with some locals and hiked to the peak of... Some mountain, and as we crested the peak, 80+ mph winds instantly blew us backwards. I thought my board was going to fly right out of my hands. SO for the decent, we go through the thickest woods ive ever ridden. Might i add the snow was up to my armpits in spots. Sickest tree line ive done, AMAZING. We got back to the trail we hiked up, and had face shots all the way down, and it was untracked except for the 4 of us that were shreding it. and from there we hit Nosedive and had freshies the entire way down. I was super stoked. After that we went in for lunch and ive never eaten so much food in my life. After an hour rest(me and chris were beat) we headed back out for a few runs. Everything was tracked but hey, i found more pow. We took a few runs and headed in, and now were just resting up for tomorow, as we are hiking it again for more waist deep pow pow.(I guess you can call me a powder whore, but im addicted)

Today was absolutly amazing, and i can't wait to get back out there tomorrow..

Ill have many stories on the lifts at blue... haha

glad you're having fun dan...hope to see you back at the boot next week :rock

I wish my day could have gone better than it did. It was great, but my first run is one i will never forget. There was about 15 of us, and we were getting off the sunny spruce quad and headed left. We saw a path about 10 yards from the lift. As the first 5 of us went down, the others stayed behind because once they entered a local told them the path lead nowere. So its 5 of us going down the sickest run ever. Waist deep powder to shoulder high powder. In some parts it was steeper then White lightning so it was great and the trees were so close. Add a couple of cliffs and you have the best trail ever. But I get a call from one of the kids who didnt go down, and he said that the trail leads to a road. SHIT. But we never found the road. Once we got down to the bottom of the of it, we were in a valley. We then hiked in the woods, along a river for an hour and fifteen minutes, hiking through rivers and streams and fallin trees.. Until i said lets stop to take a piss. So we do and i hear a little girl yelling. We looked around and saw people in the distance. So we finally got out. But we went from midway on Spruce and ended up over at the base of the gondola. Talk about a far hike and ride.But nonetheless, the run was sick. But I was so beat, that we needed a brake. And then took only 7 more runs throughout the day.