march 24-26?

Matt

Is Elk still blowing snow? April 1st or 2nd is a possibility for me if Blue is closed down..it would be alot cheaper than heading to NY or VT where I'd have to spend a night or two in a motel..

No, they are done blowing snow.

From an email I recevied today from them...

"As of right now we are open for day skiing from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Today we had 23 of our 27 Slopes and Trails open. Wednesday, March 15th was the last night of snowmaking for the 2005/06 Season. We have not set a closing date for the season yet, but are recieving snow today and planning to stay open as long as weather permit's. You can call our 800 # or check our website for the daily conditions report closer to the date of your trip. "

I skied Elk on Friday and talk was they'll stay open. However, cover is getting thin, especially on the west side. Slalom is in nice shape, however.

I plan to be up there for the races on 4/1 and 4/2.

Tim

Tim are you racing, coaching, or watching?

Is Elk still blowing snow? April 1st or 2nd is a possibility for me if Blue is closed down..it would be alot cheaper than heading to NY or VT where I'd have to spend a night or two in a motel..

Bell is a day trip, as is Hunter...Anyway I guess we will have to see how everything looks in April

I'd like to cheer you on! What race will you be in? Do you know your bib # in advance?

Only one race. Don't know my Bib. I'm guessing I will be around the 40th Guys bib. They may or may not set 2 courses (girls/guys). That woudl depend on how many people were coming and the snow condittions. If they put up at startlist, I'll let you know.

I''m apart of the Allegheny Collegiate Ski Conference, a member conference of the United States Collegiate Ski and Snowboard Association ... but It's not USSA, damn. I was hoping to race again this season