mounting

2 planker

hey does where you mount for binding really make a difference in skiing like for the better or worse and how do i know where to mount it at?

Well its all preference. IF you want your ski to be great at park, then true center, good all mountain core center, and powder mount it back. I always get my at core center because its has the most versitality.

I rocked my Trouble Makers 4cm back from center this year, and it was a pretty good setup. I mounted my Big Troubles right on the line and they were great there. I'm probably gonna get some bigger trouble makers next year, and only go 1cm to 2cm back from center because I had the Big Trouble as my all around/big mountain/ripping ski. Since it sounds like you're only buying one pair, I'd go a little back from center. Just find out with the mounting line is and where the center line is and pretty much half it. The trouble maker was around 7cm back from center, which is why I went for 4cm. Good luck.

fujatives are a straight up park ski... if you want something with decent all mtn performance, spend the extra cash and get a pair of PEs. if you're set on the fujatives, i wouldnt even consider mounting them any less than +2 or +3. k2's mounting point is 2/3 back from the tip of the ski, and not necesarily at the narrowest point of the ski. its different for each size, obviously, but on the twin tips, mounting from +2 to +4 will put you over the narrowest point of the ski, where the ski will give you the best all mtn performance. mounting a fujative true center could put your toe piece off the binding mat, which might compromise the strength of the mount, but again, it depends on the size of the ski.