Buying new skis, info on Volkl?

CO 14ers

I am looking at new skis and found places selling new, left over, Volkl Allstar 05-06 skis for under 600. Does anyone have info about the 06-07. I called Volkl and they said the new skis have two layers of titanal metal as opposed to one this year. Is it worth going to the new for 400. more? I heard the 05-06 were real fast. Were there any problems like bending in last year's model or did they change just to change?

I'd definitely recommend the Allstars from last season. Their ATC series is absolute shit, but their other skis are pretty good. In terms of this years vs. last years, just think about how hard you really ski. I don't know very many guys under 250lbs. that can really flex a ski with two layers of metal in it the way it is designed to be. This years Allstar will probably be great at high speeds just like last years was, but even harder to handle at slower speeds due to the added stiffness.

How about construction problems. Anyone have info about bending or other problems with Allstars? I am leaning tward the 05-06 since I found them for about 550 in New Hampshire.

By the way, the Volkl office is in Lebanon, NH. Nice place, and the people seem easy to talk to.