Bear Creek 06-07

BC-Mark

I agree a flat rail would be pretty sick over the top of the Subaru. The cliff sounds interesting we'll see how it goes.

I think as of now I'm skipping the season pass to Blue and just going to hit up Blue/Big Boulder/Bear Creek when I'm at school and get one of hte $50 season passes to Mountain Creek for when I'm home. It's going to be interesting with BC stepping it up and the JibLab going to BB, can Blue step up to match? They have the bigger trail and the extra snowmaking but who is making the new jibs? Who is setting up the park?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey if anybody wants to see pictures of some of the new stuff up at bear this year check out this website.......

http://www.searchthephil.com/3/index.php?q...nZXMvMzcyNjM%3D

.... Thats not the real site, i had to use a proxy to get to it since im in school, but that link will take you to the pictures page. Me and my friends went up there for the job fair and we saw some of the new rails and some of the improvements made to the hill. Theres a brand new flat down flat that looks absolutely SICK!!! :rock theres also a new flat down and a couple of new other rails. The new movable wall ride looks pretty sick to. We also have a picture of looks like it could be the cliff drop thats being talked about. Go check it out!!! and if you wanna check out our site with some other pictures and video and stuff its www.putfile.com/whatthehuck thanks

Hey if anybody wants to see pictures of some of the new stuff up at bear this year check out this website.......

.... Thats not the real site, i had to use a proxy to get to it since im in school, but that link will take you to the pictures page. Me and my friends went up there for the job fair and we saw some of the new rails and some of the improvements made to the hill. Theres a brand new flat down flat that looks absolutely SICK!!! :rock theres also a new flat down and a couple of new other rails. The new movable wall ride looks pretty sick to. We also have a picture of looks like it could be the cliff drop thats being talked about. Go check it out!!! and if you wanna check out our site with some other pictures and video and stuff its www.putfile.com/whatthehuck thanks

doesnt work at my school. my school has it blocked as "proxy avoidance" o well, i ll check it out when i get home, thanks a lot nick

Thanks nick that Down flat down looks sick, Ive seen you guys at bear a lot

haha its the 1st leak of the year. Im supprised it took this long for pics of the new stuff to come out. He has posted the pics of the new "cliff drop" on cascade, the new flat down box, the new down flat down box, the new mobile adjustable pitch wallride, one of many new flat bars, and the newly repaired FLOW flat box from last year (under blue tarp). There are still many more features to come for the upcomming season park wise so stay tuned for official announcements. The Iron Works is working hard to bring everyone the best new features possible. I hope everyone likes what they have seen so far.

haha its the 1st leak of the year. Im supprised it took this long for pics of the new stuff to come out. ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... There are still many more features to come for the upcomming season park wise so stay tuned for official announcements. The Iron Works is working hard to bring everyone the best new features possible. I hope everyone likes what they have seen so far.

so explain to us again why you don't post any pics and how you think it is wrong to get info out?

I do not run Bear Creek; I am on the Park Crew. I shovel snow and maintain park features. I have absolutely no say in the marketing or any other aspects of Bear other than physical work and help in design of the park. I am not going to argue or even comment on how Bear markets the park because I have no backround in marketing yet. I do not post pictures of Bear now because it is not my job to do so. I do not think it is right or wrong to get information out now but again it isnt my job to post park updates online right now.

I do not run Bear Creek; I am on the Park Crew. I shovel snow and maintain park features. I have absolutely no say in the marketing or any other aspects of Bear other than physical work and help in design of the park. I am not going to argue or even comment on how Bear markets the park because I have no backround in marketing yet. I do not post pictures of Bear now because it is not my job to do so. I do not think it is right or wrong to get information out now but again it isnt my job to post park updates online right now.

oh! sorry, I didn't know you were employed there.

from the looks of it, it appears to be about maybe 10 feet or maybe a little over. also the landing right now has a decent slope to it so im sure that it will be fine when they blow snow onto it. cant wait to hit that. this is exactly what bear needed, some creative stuff that no one else around has, props to whoever came up with the idea, as long as its maintained nicely it should be really cool, but it has to be maintained or thats just asking for people to get hurt.

Thank You for the Props' A press release should be out in a day or two so stay tuned, in this release it will state all the features and things that have changed, I am also working on getting some pictures up, mostly what already online but either way as a the weeks go youll be seeing more and more, hang in there Andy

All of these new features look sick, I'm so pumped that I got my season pass back to bear... I was actaully considering Blue. And damn that little cliff is going to be sweet, now all we need is some snow... I can't wait :bow:

Its not even 20 feet tall so im sure it wont do to much damage. People do urban drops to literally flat from over that height. Im sure anyone who has a clue what they are doing wont sustain injury from it. Remember it is in the expert park so im sure that basically everyone that should be in there will be able to hit it without trouble. I personally think it will be really fun for 1's and 3's and boarders can prob come up with some cool butter combos to pull off of it. Should be a pretty progressive feature if you ask me.

Edited by swdorsey

yea none of those guys doing urban drops are dropping onto hardpack. They're dropping onto loose snow that gets landed on once, twice, between getting fixed up. Thats a far cry from snow that has been compressed a lot. As long as it is as steep as a jump landing it will be fine, but I wouldn't expect it to feel good if it is flat and hard.