Lawsuit Postponed to 9/17

Ski

Sno Mountain has a slight advantage over Elk in a lot of ways and a big advantage in a few others. It begins with the choice of cattle cars versus parking 10 yards from the top of a selection of black diamonds. Also, the diamonds are wider, which is better for GS practice. Boomer is a perfect fall line course. And Elk doesn't have an answer for White Lightning, when it comes to a run you can scare yourself on.

Sno Mountain has NASTAR.

Elk is a packed madhouse, compaired to Sno. Imagine that. Which also plays into the whole snow quality issue. Elk has this phantom rep for great snow that even shows up in national mags. I can only attribute it to the difference people find when it comes to CB/Shawnee compared to Elk. Snow quality mostly depends on skier traffic. And Elk's snow is much less scraped off than CB. But Sno's slopes have actual grooming marks two days after grooming in some spots.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

I can only attribute it to the difference people find when it comes to CB/Shawnee compared to Elk. Snow quality mostly depends on skier traffic.

3 and 4 seasons ago, I would willingly travel the extra hour to ski at Elk for "the better snow" comparitively to the poconos.

I'm in moosic also, hopefully won't have to resort to that but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

aww come on now, jfbb's not bad!!! its really gonna be sick this year!! i swear!! edit: knock on wood. i am NOT jinxing myself. but sheesh..

Edited by megan

aww come on now, jfbb's not bad!!! its really gonna be sick this year!! i swear!! edit: knock on wood. i am NOT jinxing myself. but sheesh..

I live right next to a really small ski area that's just too small, so the 25 minutes to Sno Mountain is worthwhile. But if I lived right next to a 1000 ft. vert mountain, then having to drive to JF or anywhere else in the Poconos would be a major bummer.

I live right next to a really small ski area that's just too small, so the 25 minutes to Sno Mountain is worthwhile. But if I lived right next to a 1000 ft. vert mountain, then having to drive to JF or anywhere else in the Poconos would be a major bummer.

ski-1

megan-0

The exit on Doug Hill or Davis Street? Do you, or did you go to Riverside?

um the one by the BP gas station and the flashing yellow warning lights? Just moved here a few weeks ago so i don't really know any street names or anything like that. I went to West, graduated 05.

haha, sorry i didn't mean it that way. I meant hopefully i won't have to resort to driving the half an hour(?) to ride instead of just driving 5 minutes to sno mountain.

Hmm..

I'm not getting my hopes up.. But if Sno Mountain is all go for this season.. Well, I don't really know the guy, But if he ever were to show up for opening day.. With intentions to actually take on Skiing or Boarding as if the whole thing was a joke to make the Boarders / Skiers, & Everyone else mad.. I'd definitely make the trip up there.. Just so I could fly by and spray him with snow or something of the sort!!

I'm a bit concerned & curious.. How, This is going to affect my school's Ski Club. Timing is critical for Sno Mountain, Each day, We're getting one day closer to the season, Time wasted, When they could have already started making improvements. If it keeps getting push back (July? to Aug. to mid/late Sept.).. Not Good.. It makes me kinda nervous!!

No worries...at the very worst, it'll be just like last season. Or the season before. They'll get some slopes open and there will be no lift lines. Everything will function just like it did before.

And Megan: I'm not trying to one-up you. No way. I was just letting you know that it probably wasn't a diss of your hill, but of the extra travel. All girls that ski are good and I'm never, ever mean to them. And you can ask anybody. :yes

No worries...at the very worst, it'll be just like last season. Or the season before. They'll get some slopes open and there will be no lift lines. Everything will function just like it did before.

Sure upper/lower fasttrack would be nice by mid-end january,or by the beginning of march for that matter, but liftlines like prior years ( no lift lines ), is always fine by me.