Sponsor Video

wezlofilms

The riding was pretty sick.

But from a fellow videographer's standpoint, the filming was pretty bad in some spots. Shakey and bad angles....from the colors in that edit you obviously didnt use a dvx (or at least I hope you didnt). I highly suggest getting a tripod to make your shots look much better.

Also .wmv is a shitty shitty format, the codec makes the quality look like shit and you compressed it so much that you got mad dropped frames...making the filming look even more shakey and the motion look delayed. Look into the h.264 codec through quicktime (.mov or .mp4 for iPods) - its the latest from qt and its pretty sick, I've been using it for a while now.

Don't take anything the wrong way, I'm just trying to help you out....constructive criticism. If you're sending your video into big companies, you want your shit to be top notch.

The riding was pretty sick.

But from a fellow videographer's standpoint, the filming was pretty bad in some spots. Shakey and bad angles....from the colors in that edit you obviously didnt use a dvx (or at least I hope you didnt). I highly suggest getting a tripod to make your shots look much better.

Also .wmv is a shitty shitty format, the codec makes the quality look like shit and you compressed it so much that you got mad dropped frames...making the filming look even more shakey and the motion look delayed. Look into the h.264 codec through quicktime (.mov or .mp4 for iPods) - its the latest from qt and its pretty sick, I've been using it for a while now.

Don't take anything the wrong way, I'm just trying to help you out....constructive criticism. If you're sending your video into big companies, you want your shit to be top notch.

Yeah i didnt hav the dvx yet and most of the shakey spots werent filmed by me... i never use windows media player but for my friend the rider in the film he needed it in that bc quicktime wont work on his comp. im gonna put it in quicktime shortly.. and post it... thanks for the support and help

Thats rough. I filmed a few years ago, we had about 45 minutes of good shots on the tape after about 6 hours of riding. On maybe the 3rd to last thing we wanted to do, we did a shot where I was riding along side the guy as he rolled into the jump, up, over the knuckle, and then I aired a bit cuz I was going the same speed. I didn't fall but right when I landed the screen went black, and when we got to the bottom the camera was completely dead. We got the tape out but had nothing to play it with, and the camera was a loss. This was right when digital cameras were coming out, and it was an analog VHS-C camera so we didn't want to buy a replacement cuz we said we were going to get a digital, so we lost our whole seasons work becuase we couldn't get any of the tapes onto the computer. It sucked.

Thats rough. I filmed a few years ago, we had about 45 minutes of good shots on the tape after about 6 hours of riding. On maybe the 3rd to last thing we wanted to do, we did a shot where I was riding along side the guy as he rolled into the jump, up, over the knuckle, and then I aired a bit cuz I was going the same speed. I didn't fall but right when I landed the screen went black, and when we got to the bottom the camera was completely dead. We got the tape out but had nothing to play it with, and the camera was a loss. This was right when digital cameras were coming out, and it was an analog VHS-C camera so we didn't want to buy a replacement cuz we said we were going to get a digital, so we lost our whole seasons work becuase we couldn't get any of the tapes onto the computer. It sucked.

That happened to my dad's camera,he had the same one you do..... I think he threw his off the lift though... lol lol

• 1 month later...