Opening day

method9455

So the website says they will begin snowmaking this weekend. I called today about my season pass, they are aiming for the 8th or 9th of December, depending on weather. I got the usual 'depends on the weather' bullshit, but also a mention that the decision will be posted around Wednesday Dec 6th.

Most likely, 1 trail on Bear Peak, 1 trail on South. Although they will have a whole week of snowmaking temperatures, with almost 24 hours temps for a day or two, so possibly more. That is just what they usually have. I don't have my hopes up because they usually have poor snowmaking early. I think it has to do with the mountain being so spread out, takes longer to get from trail to trail, have to pump water/air a lot longer, etc. Plus making all the snow on southern sojourn is about equal to two or three trails elsewhere.

did they finish installing the snow making?

my schools ski club is goin to MC this year, i've never been there, lookin forward to it

No its not finished yet. SMI is still saying they will have the mountain finished by the 15th. So i would expect on the 14th the slopes on the left side will be finished. But they have been working on snowmaking 7 days a week since november 3rd.

Heres the deal on Ski Club at Mountain Creek.

They'll most likely drop you off at Vernon (check out a trail map). Vernon has 1 trail (Horizon) that a billion people are on all night long. Hit it once to warm up, then get the fuck off it because it will be covered in noobs. If you don't like park, then do a run from the top of Vernon peak, that goes out towards Granite peak, but then take the right hand turn and come back to Vernon base. If eagle/zero G is open, worth hitting but they never really where last year. After you've hit the only 2 good trails on Vernon peak, take the trail from Vernon peak to Granite base, one of the best runs there. Every run on Granite is good, Devil's bit especially. If it is open, hit it, but Granite usually gets snow last. Then take that long as southern sojourn over to South Peak. South and Bear peak have the best riding trails in general. South also has a much better lodge. Hit up all the trails at South and Bear, then eat dinner with your friends in South. (THe chicken strips are epic). If you like the park on south, stick around for it. If you don't, jump on the sojourn double. This is super long, super dark. Make out with a girl, smoke a joint, make the kid in front of you get scared because its dark, whatever that lift is always fun. Do granite once or twice, head back to vernon to finish the night and bomb trails there now that crowds are gone for the end of your night.

If you like park, just stay on Vernon all night and do the park over and over.

Repeat. I one of those nights 6 times a year for 4 years and it was definitely the best way to go about it.

If you want to hit the pipe, either do it first before it freezes at night, or wait until March when the sun is up really late and the pipe is soft for a few hours.

nice, thanks.

our school's going on a saturday in februrary, gonna be mad crowds

my schools ski trip is to BC...$80 bucks for a ticket, rental, and a bus that leaves at 10 and picks you up at 4. WHAT A RIP

I'm probably just gonna drive up that day, seeing as its a school day....get there before them and leave after them...and save money. Mmmmmm school day skiing....

My high school trip was 6 tuesdays, which was good because it usually went like mid january to mid march, we usually had a problem with a day or 2 to stretch it out. Once we had cars we went up a lot after school, mountain creek during the week is fine. Weekends are hell. For weekends, bang out all your vernon runs early, it crowds first. Do south next, then bear, and granite never crowds.

My best ski club was middle school, 6 nights after school to Shawnee, and then 1 day off of school at Shawnee on a like random wednesday. No crowds, usually march so it was sunny and all hte trails were open. I remember delaminating a pair of skis in 8th grade on the day trip and ducktaping them back together so I could finish the day.

120406_1stsnowblow_lp.jpg

Mountain Creek has started pumping it out. The only place they have those guns are the South Base, the Superpipe, a few above the Superpipe, and on the Sugar slope. I'm guessing that one is for the South Base, although they could also be blowing on the Superpipe.

Either way, they make a shitload of snow per hour, not sure what kind, but its impressive.

Still no word on mtn creek's new jibs and stuff???? i saw their bringing back the wall ride this year, thats pretty sweet!! ide like to know if they got any new rails or anything. Everyone else has all sortsa new stuff, mtn creek better be bringing something cool to the table.

Of course MC will have something new for this season!

On another note... If you are a season pass holder, make sure you check out the JibLab MySpace page after 10pm on Sat (12/9).

Shit I won't be able to, I'll be studying so tomorrow I have plenty of time to hit up all the trails and rails that are open at JFBB. But maybe when I get home after a day of riding (paying for fucking lift tickets because my Mountain Creek season pass is worthless right now) I'll check out to see what we're going to get by mid-February at MC.