ski bindings

soccer911

ive already checked ebay... but all it comes up with are new expensive twin tip skis.. u no other sites / stores that mite b selling old twin tips?

Wait, you'd be willing to ride 30 yr old straight skis, but aren't interested in $30 rock skis that aren't twin tips? You'll get hit with a $20 to $25 shipping charge with eBay, but you can always find 'good' rock skis that have decent bindings.

Not sure how easily this link will translate, but here are eBay listings for Buy it Now skis, from 160-170cm, lowest prices first: LINK

I mean, here are beater Rossi's, with bindings, for $11.88 "Buy it Now" plus shipping. The bindings are on rails and will adjust to your size, plus they have BRAKES, so you won't do a head gouging egg beater. Any binding is only as good as it's spring mechanics...if it's worn, then you'll eject when you don't want to; if it's frozen, then you may not come out when you want to. I would NEVER recommend this for others, but I've bought rock skis/bindings, set the binding to 2, then tried twisting a boot out. If it releases, then I'll test it at 6, where it should not easily release.

• 2 weeks later...
Wait, you'd be willing to ride 30 yr old straight skis, but aren't interested in $30 rock skis that aren't twin tips? You'll get hit with a $20 to $25 shipping charge with eBay, but you can always find 'good' rock skis that have decent bindings.

Not sure how easily this link will translate, but here are eBay listings for Buy it Now skis, from 160-170cm, lowest prices first: LINK

I mean, here are beater Rossi's, with bindings, for $11.88 "Buy it Now" plus shipping. The bindings are on rails and will adjust to your size, plus they have BRAKES, so you won't do a head gouging egg beater. Any binding is only as good as it's spring mechanics...if it's worn, then you'll eject when you don't want to; if it's frozen, then you may not come out when you want to. I would NEVER recommend this for others, but I've bought rock skis/bindings, set the binding to 2, then tried twisting a boot out. If it releases, then I'll test it at 6, where it should not easily release.

I'm not a binding tech but I'm down in the shop a lot, so I kind of know how they actually test them and it is similar to your method. There is basically a foot shaped piece that attaches to a torque wrench. You put that foot into the boot, which is in the binding in a jig that doesn't let it move. Crank the wrench until the boot pops out, sideways and forward release. I don't know what the torque values are but bindings fail pretty regularly. I'd say about 1/3 of the bindings that are still idemnified but are obviously old fail. They don't adjust the DINs down and up like that when testing them though, there is a chart that has the torque value for the skier DIN I believe.

If you are serious about this man, buy a pair of shitty Ebay skis, get the bindings checked for $5 and go out and you won't rip your knees apart. Or you can basically strap a piece of wood to your foot, and jump down a staircase. Think about it.

Ebay skis:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Rossignol-Freerid...1QQcmdZViewItem