Jack Frost - day off at the slopes

anthony

buying my tix for both days tomorrow once i get paid.

jan 5th and march 2nd.

the march 2nd will be awesome, doing that then driving up for the 24 hour event at Greek Peak. lookin' at 38 hours of skiing in 3 days (14 at JFBB + 24 at GP) ... should be a very tiring, but awesome time.

will be at killington january 5...but planning to take off from work march 2.

what's the event at greek peak?

MARCH 3-4

AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY (ACS) - VERTICAL CHALLENGE

Modeled after the ACS Relay For Life, teams & individuals will raise money for the ACS and compete in a 24 hour ski-a-thon.

http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=180645

the January Day Off tix are dissapearing fast! think they sell 1000 at the $9.33 price then it's back to full price!

make sure you get them sooner rather than later at www.wmmr.com

the March Day Off is also the Cardboard Classic on the tubing hill - if you missed it last year you gotta check it out.

_john

If you're still thinking of going, it looks like they still have the link functioning for the $9.33 lift tickets!

go to http://www.jfbb.com/wmmr/

They said they were going to stop selling them yesterday around noon but they probably haven't sold 1000 yet!

See you there! - stop by the Buckman's tent and say hi!

me and anthony were both there, overall a really good day. I was boarding in a sweatshirt, jeans and clear rain jacket/pants and anthony had a clear poncho on

Rain doesn't stop us!

it was a good cool down shower on the lift up each time. 10 bucks, no lines, and soft snow... niiiice!

I'm not sure..... there's a NASTY stomache virus going around though.. First my oldest got it over xmas break when we visited my brothers house down in DC. His whole family pretty much got it as well.... then my eldest passed it on to my middle child who passed it on to my youngest last Thursday night/ Friday who then passed it onto my wife and I on Saturday/Sunday and we passed it back to my eldest for a second go around yesterday and he had off from school today as well. FWIW it's not fun and I know that was one big long run on sentence....lol

As far as the Greek peak 24 hour challenge thing, my friends and I are probably going to pass on it as this season has pretty much sucked wind so far and we're going to plan a trip out west instead. We found a good deal airfare wise out to Colorado if we leave from BWI into Denver for $150 round trip. A cheap motel room for a few nights and some lift tix and we're good to go. I'm definitely in for the PASR days though as long as they don't coincide with our trip plans... So far so good though... = )~~

150 roundtrip to Denver...does that include taxes? That's the best deal I've ever heard of and Baltimore isn't that far...What airline is running that deal? I can stay with relatives in Boulder...interesting I smell a May trip to A-basin.. :clap2:clap2

For comparisons sake my flight from Philly-Chicago-Jackson is 380 including taxes and I thought that was a decent deal...two years ago was $450 and last year was $340

southwest.com

Trip Date Day Stops Routing Flight Routing Details

Depart Feb 03 Sat N/S BWI-DEN 2369 Depart Baltimore (BWI) at 1:15 PM

Arrive in Denver (DEN) at 3:20 PM

Return Feb 07 Wed N/S DEN-BWI 575 Depart Denver (DEN) at 7:50 AM

Arrive in Baltimore (BWI) at 1:00 PM

:wiggle

That sick or what??

Edited by phillycore

Honestly.... we haven't booked anything yet... we were just looking at that date as I already have off work the Monday after the Super Bowl.....lol

Were waiting to hear back from another guy if he can go or not. I personally have only been to JH when it comes to out west... so anywhere is new and worthwhile to me.

Any of them you've been to better than the others?? None of us are park skiers/boarders fwiw... powder kicks though...