JFBB/Park Logic/Season Passes

syd harvey

1st off....lemme make some points here, I am not trying to pick sides either, although I have my reasons, which hopefully everyone will understand I rather keep to myself. With that being said, try to keep an open mind and see how much sense what I say makes......

When it comes to JFBB....in my opinion there is so much uniqueness in them places alone to love it when u go there, its not cluttered with houses and condos as far as the eye can see, and u really do not have any highways with in site or at times even hearing distance. Its the outdoors feeling, the peacefullness of riding the lifts up through the woods, how quiet the places can actually be even when packed....Sure alot of things changed, and ppl are afraid of changes, I agree on both ends of the string, some ideas that Peaks has are great, and others well they can shove someplace. Sure the whole deal of everything changed, from paases, to discounts to rentals even....did u think that it would stay all the same....u gotta be retarted to think it would. I mean did Nextel stay the same when they merged with Sprint...not exactly, some things changed, others stayed the same. Same with JFBB.....

2nd off here, Park Logic....Awesome guys, most talented park crew I ever met. Fired - quit, whatever, it happened, it sucks, but look at it this way, some of the work they did is there, sure its not the whole bag of chips u all would love to have, but hey half a bag is better then none right? Whatever really happened, everyone outta see maybe they r better off not being there. Another example would u want a slave picking cotton just cuz u want to wear that new shirt...NO...then how is it any different with them guys. Do u want them there when they themselves do not want ot be there anymore, or that they are not wanted there? I am not at all trying to answer for them, but seriously don't u think by now at least. A bit of time has passed, and tempers cooled down a bit that they would be back?...Well they r not back....So tough u gotta deal with it, just as Peaks has to deal with ppl whining to them about it. Hey either way they are the ones not keeping the promise fully...Not The Park Logic guys...They did a damn awesome job on what they got ready.....to make u ppl happy.....

Here is an idea, a petition might work, but seriously....doubtful, companies, not just Peaks care bout one damn thing $$$$$$ they make it they r happy, they lose money, they r not happy...U want to show Peaks that u r not happy with the way things are...try not going there, not dealing with the validating your season pass daily ( in my opinion anyway its retarted), how bout bringing your rentals over to Boulder after u leave Frost, hell it will save u some time....to Peaks u bringing your rentals over to Boulder is dumb....HELL Blue Ridge had no problem with it....they had no problem with discounts for season pass holders. Ask for your discount next time u get a burger, after all JFBB is where the snow comes first....thats the official saying of the place.....NO LIE.......funny though...I always kinda figured with a business....the customer shoud come first....nothing else....not even your own greed...

So much more, you can all find out for yourselves....on why whining is not going to get anywhere....ACTION NOT WORDS my friends....you say you are upset over this and that or whatever.....yet u still go there....honestly how upset can u really be?.....If you are show it, go some place else....stop feeding them your money....feed someone elses kitty....then maybe they will see customers should come first.....Remember always do your homework before u make any moves....Just think bout what I all said.....I can go deeper and darker on this topic.....but once again....for private reasons I will not........

One last thing.......can u guess my favorite lift....I was always there....

SYD....HARVEY..... :confused

2nd off here, Park Logic....Awesome guys, most talented park crew I ever met. Fired - quit, whatever, it happened, it sucks, but look at it this way, some of the work they did is there, sure its not the whole bag of chips u all would love to have, but hey half a bag is better then none right? Whatever really happened, everyone outta see maybe they r better off not being there.

If you ordered a truck with a Hemi, it said Hemi on the back but when you lifted up the hood there was a 4 cylinder, but they took your money already, how would you feel?

And maybe they are better off not being there, but maybe we were better off with them there.

What action can you take to have someone hired? A boycott would be stupid, ticket sales fluctuate so much it wouldn't matter to them. I do take some action. I've been working all week at the ski shop, I've sent a dozen or so families to Blue mountain over JFBB, where had they not fired the two I would have sent them to JFBB. So, who knows, but I have certainly sent a few hundred dollars in lift tickets elsewhere in the past week.

If you ordered a truck with a Hemi, it said Hemi on the back but when you lifted up the hood there was a 4 cylinder, but they took your money already, how would you feel?

And maybe they are better off not being there, but maybe we were better off with them there.

What action can you take to have someone hired? A boycott would be stupid, ticket sales fluctuate so much it wouldn't matter to them. I do take some action. I've been working all week at the ski shop, I've sent a dozen or so families to Blue mountain over JFBB, where had they not fired the two I would have sent them to JFBB. So, who knows, but I have certainly sent a few hundred dollars in lift tickets elsewhere in the past week.

For one, ur first example with the hemi totally makes u look like a idoit. SO what ur saying is since park logics gone boulders park sucks ass? Cause theres a huge difference between a hemi and a 4 cylinder. If i baught a hemi truck, and it wasnt a hemi but ran just as good as a hemi, i wouldnt bitch, unlike you. but there is not a big difference in the park scene at boulder. The park this year will be just as good as if park logic was still there. JFBBs only problem is future years. which in future years u can take ur pass and go somewhere else. just because 2 people that helped boulder become big are gone doesnt mean everyone else gives up too.

just because some people got sour over the park and it mad u upset, u send people to a place with barely any park? im not hating on blue at all but come on, boulder park is the best one the east coast to date. but that all might change. Never know

For one, ur first example with the hemi totally makes u look like a idoit. SO what ur saying is since park logics gone boulders park sucks ass? Cause theres a huge difference between a hemi and a 4 cylinder. If i baught a hemi truck, and it wasnt a hemi but ran just as good as a hemi, i wouldnt bitch, unlike you. but there is not a big difference in the park scene at boulder. The park this year will be just as good as if park logic was still there. JFBBs only problem is future years. which in future years u can take ur pass and go somewhere else. just because 2 people that helped boulder become big are gone doesnt mean everyone else gives up too.

just because some people got sour over the park and it mad u upset, u send people to a place with barely any park? im not hating on blue at all but come on, boulder park is the best one the east coast to date. but that all might change. Never know

I'm glad to be an "idoit", although I'm not quite sure what that is. Maybe I "baught" one one time?

The point of the matter is false advertising. And to say that this park has been running exactly as if the ParkLogic guys were there is incorrect. I would point to the first rail in the "One Park" as example #1. That is not a Shawn/Julian setup, and I don't like it. I've been riding their setups for four years, and I'm used to them. Never would they have setup a rail like that. It seems small, but it is a sign of how things are going to go. Maybe you like it that way, thats fine. But there is a reason I'm driving 30 minutes further each way and paying a lot more money (JFBB doesn't give discounts to shop employees, I can ride Mountain Creek for $100 for a full season pass, I've already surpassed that at JFBB for lift tickets). I didn't make that decision based on anything other than the two going. If this were about the quality of the park, then why was the headline of the press release for this season from that company, that TWO OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD WERE COMING. It was mis-leading.

If you can't differentiate between the two separate arguments, then STOP trying to disagree with us. You do not understand the point, that decisions were made, based on advertisements and promises. Whether or not YOU are happy with what is up there now, that does not relate to the fact that what was promised, and what has been delivered, are two different things. The promise was that Shawn and Julian would run a park up to THEIR stands.

The promise was NOT that Shawn and Julian would make sweet jibs, and someone else would set them up. I think the setup is 80% what makes a good park, the quality of the jibs 20%.

And guess what, none of the people asking me where to go are riding park. But they are the ones who pay for our park. Do you think the jibs are paid for by all the kids running around with youth tickets/college tickets/season passes are paying for them? Maybe a chunk of it. Maybe the park rats are the growth on the bottom line this year. But the bread and butter of every mountain are families with kids. They come and pay for 2 adult tickets, a few kids tickets. They rent equipment, and they buy food in the lodge. While you are hanging out in the park, realize you are seeing the same people all the time. For every kid that comes in to a shop and knows a 50-50 from a board slide and might want to try both some day, there are a twenty or more who will never ever go in the park.

Not to mention you make an assertions as if it was a fact:

-You say it will be the same as if ParkLogic was there, it may be close, it might even be better, but it certainly won't be the same, that would be impossible

But here is a fact:

Anyone with a season pass for this year, can not get their money back, and are stuck with a different hand dealt to them than was advertised.

And THAT is the bottom line.

The park this year will be just as good as if park logic was still there.

Damn Gurp you got super powers, can you pick a winning lottery number for me? gurp I know you, method is right on with what he is saying, respect the fact that are a number or "core" park people at BB now as a result of PL, now, we are very happy with what BB has to offer and how they have performed, however I do respect everything method has had to say. He is right on from the consumer angle.

dont make fun of me for my spelling. I dont care about my spelling on a message board.

I havent been to jf this year to understand how the rail is set up. My arguement has been mostly about boulder park.

Can u please explain why the rail set up sucks?

and park logic spent MOST of there time at boulder. So what makes u think jf would be set up right if they were still there?

And my question is WHY is it so important if park logic is there or not? the merry widow trail at boulder was built AFTER park logic left and i think the trail is set up JUST as good as if parklogic was still there.

Damn Gurp you got super powers, can you pick a winning lottery number for me? gurp I know you, method is right on with what he is saying, respect the fact that are a number or "core" park people at BB now as a result of PL, now, we are very happy with what BB has to offer and how they have performed, however I do respect everything method has had to say. He is right on from the consumer angle.

I totally respect method. But using a the example of a hemi vs a 4cylinder is totally ignorant. It totally makes boulder park sound like its horrible. I admit boulder made a mistake with getting rid of park logic but i dont think its really gonna affect the pass holder this year.

I hate ripping on spelling but come on the word idiot? If you were making a trip report and you spelled something wrong I wouldn't care. If you are calling me and idiot, and can't even spell it, I'm going to say something. Don't try to call me dumb when I end up writing grammatically correct posts 90% of the time. Start by sounding intelligent and then try to debate me on what I'm saying, otherwise no one will take you seriously.

See the Thursday 12/21 thread, as well as the pictures of it and video. The ramp is unnecessarily wide and high for such a short rail and it just feels awkward to me. If the ramp had a 30 foot rail, fine. But it doesn't. I know for sure that it wouldn't happen that way with the two of them running the place. I have seen every rail setup for every park, contest, Grand Prix event, for the last 4 years, and never have they setup something like that. It isn't a big deal, but it proves that its not the same.

Merry Widow was planned before they left.

If you think the rails they banged out in a few weeks were the be all, end all, of their jib making, you don't know their work. That was the small stuff.

I really hate beating a dead horse here, because I know the two are not going back. I think at this point even if JFBB offered them the job back they wouldn't go back. JFBB made them look like fools to all of their industry connections, who end up sponsoring this park based on their involvement. How do you think the sponsors feel? I'm just not going to let a bunch of people (2 of the people arguing against me in these forums are employees at JFBB) who aren't customers, have the last word on this issue. Especially when there was NO OFFICIAL WORD AT ALL.

(Although they did address some of our concerns for sure)

If you are calling me and idiot, and can't even spell it,

lol sorry had to point out one of your mistakes.

I didn't know merry widow was planned out before hand, sorry

I know park logic would have been building more rails, but i think those rails wouldn't have been used till next year. Thus what I'm saying is its not affecting you this year. But I'm gonna quit arguing.

I guess well have to wait to see how the boulder trail park comes out.

And props to bb park crew. I noticed a problem with one of the rails on the widow park and i mentioned it to park crew and the next day it was fixed.