CB Closing at Noon on Friday(1/5)

K2Skier

Wow that would be insane if Camelback was open tomorrow...do they have enough coverage to make it through a night of 60 degree temps and rain??

I passed by CB today and saw that they had piles of snow under plastic tarps near the school area and also in the snow tubing park. It looks like they plowed the snow off the trails to help keep it from melting in the rain. Guessin' they'll spread these out so that they can have something open tomorrow.

Wow that would be insane if Camelback was open tomorrow...do they have enough coverage to make it through a night of 60 degree temps and rain??

They had way better coverage than blue. Yesterday when I was there it looked like they easily could have been open today (though now edge to edge coverage like they have had) but probably closed to save what snow they have during the rain.

We will see...

I passed by CB today and saw that they had piles of snow under plastic tarps near the school area and also in the snow tubing park. It looks like they plowed the snow off the trails to help keep it from melting in the rain. Guessin' they'll spread these out so that they can have something open tomorrow.

Okay, that's it...that is the worst post I've ever read. I'd rather read every post ever made by Dranow than about a ski area having to hide it's snow. I know you're just the messenger, k2Skier, but I think you need to be killed for telling us this.

Yea thats just painful. So now that all the trails have lights, and snowmaking, how long before they get baseball stadium type tarps to protect the snow during bad weather? Give it 80 years and we'll just have inflatable domes over the ski areas to keep them cold, forget natural snow (around here).

Yea thats just painful. So now that all the trails have lights, and snowmaking, how long before they get baseball stadium type tarps to protect the snow during bad weather? Give it 80 years and we'll just have inflatable domes over the ski areas to keep them cold, forget natural snow (around here).

It may not take 80 years for them to build domes over the hills. I think they are building a inside skiing area in NJ soon.

But this weather really sucks.. Looks like we may get some cold temps next week!!!