Winter...take two.

ski911

That's good to see.

This is a real question, I am not complaining, why are they only blowing 5 trails? Is this everything they have concentrated on 5 trails so that they can make sure they open on Thursday, or is this all the snowmaking they can run at once?

Out of interest, if there are snowmakers from CB on here "DiMe.."? What's the restriction on snowmaking? Obviously it's not guns so it's either water or power, I assume it's electricity generation?

they always pick like five trails to blow on then move, not sure why, it would be awesome if they could turn all the guns on. i think it has to do with the water limits, they can only use so much of it at a time i believe. anyway it looks better now with white stuff on the ground and not pavement. hopefully we will be skiing thursday night.

It's starting to look better - at least the ski racks are covered - maybe with better aim, the trails would get covered too. ;)

CB doesn't have the capacity to white everything out. But, with skilled blowers and groomers, they can whack it out quickly on a handful of trails. Unfortunatley, this winter, they don't seem to have as many of these folks around...IMO their conditions are much worse, even given the issues with Mother nature.

CB started to make snow last night at 8 pm -- and are continuing through the day (still going as of Noon). The temperatures have been real marginal and CB has all the air on that they have got. Glenn is right on with his diagnosis! As temperatures drop, additional guns can be added. It's amazing the difference in the quantity of snow that is made at 29.5 Degrees vs. 25 Degrees! As for now -- CB is making at 100% capacity -- Nothing is being held back. The forecast for the next 7 -10 days has been all over -- but it does look like there are many hours of snowmaking.

Edited by SkiCamelback

Alright. I was beginning to think I was gonna have to burn my golf clubs in the base area as a sacrafice to the snow gods. To drive 1100 miles and find temps in the 60's and 70's was not good for my stress levels.

CB started to make snow last night at 8 pm -- and are continuing through the day (still going as of Noon). The temperatures have been real marginal and CB has all the air on that they have got. Glenn is right on with his diagnosis! As temperatures drop, additional guns can be added. It's amazing the difference in the quantity of snow that is made at 29.5 Degrees vs. 25 Degrees! As for now -- CB is making at 100% capacity -- Nothing is being held back. The forecast for the next 7 -10 days has been all over -- but it does look like there are many hours of snowmaking.

Thanks for the honesty, it's good to know that you are giving it everything under difficult circumstances.

Assuming the Accuweather forecast continues to hold true we should see much more productive snowmaking next week?

Before you closed down, one of your rangers was expressing the opinion that you wont get the east side open this year no matter what happens with the weather, is that why you've stopped blowing on Sunbowl? It would be really sad to see the east side not open, but understandable given the weather and time of year.

Can you tell us that it's too early to be thinking about limiting the terrain?

WE HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON ANY TERRAIN-- There is well over 2 months of skiing and riding left!! At this time we are focusing all efforts on re-opening the original 9 slopes and then moving to additional slopes. The Sunbowl is having snow made as I type. Everything is going to work out -- Winter is here in the Pocono Mts.!!!

haha your a funny man. I know you ment to say "Focus all your snowmaking on rhodo and oak"

:wiggle

Yeah, of course that's what I meant.... <_<

If the accuweather forecast holds true then we wont have to choose which slopes should have the snow, 24 hour snowmaking for most of next week :wiggle

That's good to see.

This is a real question, I am not complaining, why are they only blowing 5 trails? Is this everything they have concentrated on 5 trails so that they can make sure they open on Thursday, or is this all the snowmaking they can run at once?

Out of interest, if there are snowmakers from CB on here "DiMe.."? What's the restriction on snowmaking? Obviously it's not guns so it's either water or power, I assume it's electricity generation?

We made snow all day today non stop!!!! Things are looking much better. The reason why we only make on 5 trails at a time is because air compressors and water pumps only can put out so much to the mountain and the amount of guns it takes to light 5 trails is pretty much the capacity but it depends on the gun count and size of the trails.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

We made snow all day today non stop!!!! Things are looking much better. The reason why we only make on 5 trails at a time is because air compressors and water pumps only can put out so much to the mountain and the amount of guns it takes to light 5 trails is pretty much the capacity but it depends on the gun count and size of the trails.

Any idea how long till start and finish on rhodo if temps hold?

Any idea how long till start and finish on rhodo if temps hold?

I'm not sure our exact order on trails, this is my first season making snow. I do know that if temps hold for 24/7 snow making we can have the whole mountain ready to go in 2-3 weeks.

I'm not sure our exact order on trails, this is my first season making snow. I do know that if temps hold for 24/7 snow making we can have the whole mountain ready to go in 2-3 weeks.

Thats the best news I have heard all day, now let's just hope that Jack Frost has rolled in for good... word

Webcam looks good!!!

Keep the pumps running and guns shooting!!!!! We'll be hitting the west side in a couple weeks!!