1/14/07 Conditions at 1:30pm

SkiCamelback

I just got in from making a few runs..

It's foggy with hero-snow. Warm enough to go without a hat, yet wet enough to make me wish I had one on. All slopes had good coverage and the snow was wet and did not pile up much. With cold temps on the way, snowmaking will only make the skiing and riding better for next weekend-- and hopefully with more trails open...

Park set up was the same from the other day. If the temps drop more tonight (and earlier), mabey some of this fog will go away?

I have been asked about the webcam -- We don't control the postioning. It's run by the weather guys at NBC 10 in Philly.

Edited by SkiCamelback

We were there from 11:30-4:00pm. Agreed with what was said. Surprised that the trails didn't bump up more. One benefit - absolutely no ice. Fog got worse as the day went on. Drizzle/rain was on and off - not really bad. All open trails very ski-able so we weren't stuck just skiing one/two trails.

Yeah - wearing a helmet kept the head dry but made you sweat.

Saw a lot of boarders catch an edge and go down - luckily the snow was soft enough so didn't see anybody get seriously hurt taking a hard fall.

A lot of young children there today (or at least it felt like that).

The four of us had a blast. My two kids were the ones skiing on the trail edges trying to catch some air.

A lot of young children there today (or at least it felt like that).

Add to it that this Asian guy was giving ski lessons to about a dozen or more kids in the middle of the base area. They kept running into people and were all over the place. Lets not use the learning hill. Noooooo that would make too much sense.

Add to it that this Asian guy was giving ski lessons to about a dozen or more kids in the middle of the base area. They kept running into people and were all over the place. Lets not use the learning hill. Noooooo that would make too much sense.

hahaha Yea I skied by there on my way over to patrol and couldn't help but burst out in laughter as I saw those poor asain kids running into each other. I than politly asked them to move to Coolmore or go to the welcome center and sign up for group lessons. Then they replied with " dsjdshfgfgalsfhsyfgsygashfgasdfgadsyfsdafsdf" which is asain for I don't speak english lol