Boulder Park Update

Papasteeze

Pick a new Trail Name  

17 members have voted

1. 1. The SkierCross/Boarder Cross Trail on Bunny Schuss

• Boarder Cross Trail
    • Boulder Cross Trail
    • Something Other - post a comment

It looked well setup, but the way you PRSH (park rat shit heads) talk, it's the be all end all of parks. Nothing made my jaw drop (like it does with some of the stuff at Blue

Well what makes your draw drop at Blue? Nothing in there is CRAZY. So the S and C boxes are hard - they're like 3 feet off the ground there is no danger in them compared to something else. So the swingset box is high - its ride on and super wide. So there is a bus - its like a 3 foot wide 20 foot long box with no landing. I don't see anything in there that makes my jaw drop. Big Boulder has bigger jumps - thats draw dropping.

You want to talk jaw dropping the only things this year that look legit crazy are gapping to the down rail on the big staircase at Bear Creek and the big jumps at Big Boulder are intense. I don't think anything other than those two are jaw dropping at all.

This is jaw dropping.

20050306_01.jpg

channel gap could be bigger i personally wanted it to be second hit and somethin that would scare the shit outta me its not 2big got it pretty easy last jump on boulder is sick (how come there was no one good ridin boulder today i saw 2 other kids than me spin and they werent anything special) its hard to ride a park when ur the only one tryin shit :banghead

channel gap could be bigger i personally wanted it to be second hit and somethin that would scare the shit outta me its not 2big got it pretty easy last jump on boulder is sick (how come there was no one good ridin boulder today i saw 2 other kids than me spin and they werent anything special) its hard to ride a park when ur the only one tryin shit :banghead

i hear ya man.. there is only like a handful or really sick riders/skiers that i see there on a regualr basis thats it.. and those kids kill it but other then them everyone else is nothing special

We did a few runs on Boulder Park and hit the first jump to the right and then the second jump. The up box at the bottom is niiiice. We were skyin both jumps but not spinnin. We're old and it takes a little while to start doin it. But I have to admit, from some of these videos, alot of heads are throwin down and it's great to see at my home mountain.

Just go out and push yourself. If you need any extra umph, holla at me. I'm there most Friday nights and Saturdays. Not this weekend though.

No I totally agree, not to be a dick but the quality of riders at JFBB isn't too high yet. That probably has a lot to do with the way their parks have just been starting to grow the last few years. If you see people throwing down really good stuff 9 times out of 10 they're not from JFBB. The kids who are really good and are locals are all jibbers, even watch the videos they post up none of them are hitting the big jumps. You go to Mountain Creek any day of the week there are kids throwing 7's and 9's over the biggest jumps, and then you go to JFBB and there aren't even many people hitting the jumps. Granted there are more kids overall at Creek so you will get a few more stand outs from a bigger crowd, but the parks at Creek have been established for a long time and I would say that JFBB has been rumbling for a while but didn't really explode until this year. Give it two years, I think JFBB is going to seriously eat into Mountain Creek's supply of riders. Already there is a huge amount of people switching, and not only that but a lot of people at MC talking about going out to visit JFBB where before they weren't even on the radar.

That is the one thing that I always noticed about JFBB. Most of the riders stick to the smaller stuff. Me and my crew have always rode the bigger features with confidence BUT, we all wish we could turn back time. We just have too many damn responsibilities now.

I'll hit everything Boulder can throw at me, but I do have my limits as far as pushing the envelope....sux to be old