Boulder Park Update

Papasteeze

Pick a new Trail Name  

17 members have voted

1. 1. The SkierCross/Boarder Cross Trail on Bunny Schuss

• Boarder Cross Trail
    • Boulder Cross Trail
    • Something Other - post a comment

Sorry for the lack of dimensions, this is the info I got this evening.

Freedom:

is currently being built for sat open, will be much better then what

was there previously

>

> Widow:

> 1. down Rail

> 2. down Box

> 3. Hip

> 4. Hip

> 5. Jump

> 6. Wide Rail

> 7. Jump

> 8. Up Down rail

> 9. Up flat down box

> 10. wall ride

>

> Boulder:

> 1. 50ft down flat down

> 2. Jump

> 3. Jump

> 4. Flat Rail

> 5. Flat down box

> 6. 50ft jump

> 7. Wall Ride

</excerpt></excerpt>

boarder cross on bunny.

A fast paced coarse, nice rollers, big step ups, banked turns,

multiple lines (inner, outer). Its gonna be a blast

No mention of the pipe...

Sounds good. Boarder cross trail will be a fun change, haven't seen one done well since Mount Snow used to do one back when they had the X-Games and a few years after. Even the little banks at Blue last year where fun and the rollers MC had once in a while where mad fun.

They blew that trail, in my estimation 10' deep, it'll be interesting to see what moto x is going to turn out :)

Sounds good. Boarder cross trail will be a fun change, haven't seen one done well since Mount Snow used to do one back when they had the X-Games and a few years after. Even the little banks at Blue last year where fun and the rollers MC had once in a while where mad fun.

The turns on Janes Lane (easystyle park at JF ) are banked. I love them :wiggle

Edited by bigdaddyk

The Boulder Cross name was used back in 2001-2002 season for the park and races on Big Boulder trail.Gotta give mad props to Moto-X for building that!!!That was prolly his best work up until recently.Sick,Sick Sick.I was one of the first people to drop-in on it when finished.I bet it was the most fun I ever had at JFBB that season on the Boulder Cross course.There must be a few head's on here that remember it???The HUGE water-gap(literally,it was a warm winter) at the end was nut's until they made him take it out due to high risk.That gap hadda be around 30',it you didn't make it across you were taking a bath.Anyway,on to my name suggestion...how about "Boulder X-ing"?Make a sign like a moose or deer crossing traffic sign for the trail,lolz.

The Boulder Cross name was used back in 2001-2002 season for the park and races on Big Boulder trail.Gotta give mad props to Moto-X for building that!!!That was prolly his best work up until recently.Sick,Sick Sick.I was one of the first people to drop-in on it when finished.I bet it was the most fun I ever had at JFBB that season on the Boulder Cross course.There must be a few head's on here that remember it???The HUGE water-gap(literally,it was a warm winter) at the end was nut's until they made him take it out due to high risk.That gap hadda be around 30',it you didn't make it across you were taking a bath.Anyway,on to my name suggestion...how about "Boulder X-ing"?Make a sign like a moose or deer crossing traffic sign for the trail,lolz.

I remeber that boulder cross park. It was sweet. I remeber one day comming down, noone arround and some chick and her little bro were sitting on the back of the last jump just were you couldn't see them until you were just going airborn. Needless to say, she learned her lesson about sitting on the back of jumps. I hit her so hard she passed out, I felt bad. I wish I had it on video and bolder would play it over and over to show people what could happen.

jw who is the moto x guy?

Undeniably,Moto X is the least understood cat-driver at Big Boulder Park.Both feared and revered,he inspires rumors that whenever he builds a terrain park,crashes are sure to occur.A helmet and goggles used to conceal his identity further shrouds him in mystery,only adding to his reputation as a jinx.

Unbeknownst to Steeze (and his family),Moto X is really his older brother Ex Racer,a fact we are frequently reminded of throughout the long ski season.Long ago,while grooming a steep trail at JF,Ex crashed a snowcat that Pops used.Subsequently he got booted from JF when Pops told him he lacked the necessary experience to groom professionally.Aided by his mentor Kearnsala at BB,Moto X hones his grooming skills,learning how to groom on "tubing parks and no longer on the map trails".After this internship he becomes a professional cat operator.

Undeniably,Moto X is the least understood cat-driver at Big Boulder Park.Both feared and revered,he inspires rumors that whenever he builds a terrain park,crashes are sure to occur.A helmet and goggles used to conceal his identity further shrouds him in mystery,only adding to his reputation as a jinx.

Unbeknownst to Steeze (and his family),Moto X is really his older brother Ex Racer,a fact we are frequently reminded of throughout the long ski season.Long ago,while grooming a steep trail at JF,Ex crashed a snowcat that Pops used.Subsequently he got booted from JF when Pops told him he lacked the necessary experience to groom professionally.Aided by his mentor Kearnsala at BB,Moto X hones his grooming skills,learning how to groom on "tubing parks and no longer on the map trails".After this internship he becomes a professional cat operator.

ha that has to be one of the more classic posts of all time. i have no idea what part of that is true/untrue or what the fuck it means, but thats just great

Well the setups are undeniably a hell of a lot better. Boulder is like a properly set up race course. Blue is like a racecourse where there is a gate, and right next to it a giant mogul right where you should be going and it throws you completely off. And there is no reason for that mogul to be there. Boulder is just smoother, and done right. Blue has a lot of potential but the setups are wrong.

Note - that is based on last year, I haven't seen sidewinder this year but doesn't sound any better than last year.

Well the setups are undeniably a hell of a lot better. Boulder is like a properly set up race course. Blue is like a racecourse where there is a gate, and right next to it a giant mogul right where you should be going and it throws you completely off.

Horrible example.

I guess to you ratz Boulder is a unrythmic course where Blue is the Hannenkam :banghead

Only kidding, of course. It looked well setup, but the way you PRSH (park rat shit heads) talk, it's the be all end all of parks. Nothing made my jaw drop (like it does with some of the stuff at Blue, but then again, you PRSH's don't like the circus stuff). Too many Tom, Dick, and Harrys on landings, too.

Oh yea, for perfectly setup stuff, Glenn kept eating shit alot :rofl:rofl:rofl

Oh yea, for perfectly setup stuff, Glenn kept eating shit alot :rofl:rofl:rofl

Dude, I ride at CB 90% of the time. There is a huge gap between the stuff I was hitting today and what CB has available. For more information see the thread on park rats entitlement and the lack of progressive features and poor setups CB has.

At least I had the balls to hit featues. I guess I could say I didn't see you fall, but I didn't see you hit anything either.

Dude, I ride at CB 90% of the time. There is a huge gap between the stuff I was hitting today and what CB has available. For more information see the thread on park rats entitlement and the lack of progressive features and poor setups CB has.

At least I had the balls to hit featues. I guess I could say I didn't see you fall, but I didn't see you hit anything either.

The only thing I've hit so far in the terrain park caused me to go head over heeeelz :banghead ouch.

Big Boulder Park Rebuild is on tap for next week. Any suggestions? I am hoping that they go with a channel gap that allows you to transfer. Also - I would like to see the bottom jump made into a triple option sort of jump since it is so wide and since different people like different types of take offs.

i like your idea papa for the last jump on boulder if you dont like the setups at boulder dont go to boulder i would much rather ppl not riding on the lips of the jumps or on the landings i also have not seen blues park this year but heres a hint a park does not belong on a windy trail a nice straight steep trail

for boulders park i would like to see them regrade the park and make it a little slower in spots so its not so quick it seemed 2 me u landed a jump and then had to speeed check quick then hit another jump

Big Boulder Park Rebuild is on tap for next week. Any suggestions? I am hoping that they go with a channel gap that allows you to transfer. Also - I would like to see the bottom jump made into a triple option sort of jump since it is so wide and since different people like different types of take offs.

What was so cool about that park back in 01'-02' was that by having it twist and turn,it vastly lenghtened the trail.I alway's envisioned a over-under type of park for BB trail.Where you either used channel gap's,tunnel's or overpasses to create two different line's.Use the straight line for the jump line,then use the curvy line as a semi-bordercross line and rail line.And the triple-threat sound's good for the last jump(if you make it a 30' water-gap again!!!...JK :).