Need some advice

FK.

Yo, I have had my season pass a t bc for the past three years. Every year I come a little closer to sliding the rails, but still can't do it. I'm a skier and I'm out on the park every weekend. I can throw 3's, but every time I go to spin onto a box and ride it seideways... I catch and edge or killi myself on the edge. :banghead ANY ADVICE OR TIPS

im gay

I did not just leave that post, I left the computer at school and this kid next to me did that. But anyway, when I do manage to get up on the box I'm super worried about catching an edge. What do I do to practice not catching an edge?

I'm serious, I diden't write "I'm gay"

catching an edge happens to everybody. you just have to adjust. eventually you wont have much of an edge left from hitting rails. my park skis now how a rounded edge what is lower than the actual base of the ski. sucks for skiing, but good for rails.

Thanks, But one more thing. I have twin tips, so you think it would be easier for me to spin back left to land straight or keep left and land switch?

Just take a file and de tune your skis under your feet. That'll make it a lot harder to catch an edge on a rail or box. Keep in mind that if you're going to hit rails, you're going to crash. Progression is all about trial and error.

Thanks, I'm going to take another try at it this weekend

Thanks, I'm going to take another try at it this weekend

yeh I just started to do rails at BC too...dont worry if you might fall or catch an edge, i do it all the time. It just takes time. I would start off with that box on the upper part of cascade. That is where is started to work on sliding rails this year

Yo, I have had my season pass a t bc for the past three years. Every year I come a little closer to sliding the rails, but still can't do it. I'm a skier and I'm out on the park every weekend. I can throw 3's, but every time I go to spin onto a box and ride it seideways... I catch and edge or killi myself on the edge. :banghead ANY ADVICE OR TIPS

you just want to make shur that you dont go too slow it may seem scary but balancing on the rail is alot easier when you go fast

good luck!

ample speed is so important and needs to be stressed. its an unnatural adjustment, but you need to lean back a smidge also. looking at the end of the rail, visualization of success, confidence, practice, and the fire in the belly to triumph all help.