Sno Mountain Race League Report

Ski

Okay, so just to pass along what I blew off Booter's NASTAR night for...

Sno Mountain has an adult race league that's held Thursday nights. You can either enter as a team, or as an "independant". Tonight was a dual GS course, but you still race against the clock and not the person next to you. It costs $8, plus a discounted lift ticket if you don't have a pass.

Unlike ASRA, there's no start order. It's more like a regular NASTAR, where you just get in line. But when it's a dual, you have to take one run on each course, then your best handicap is counted.

There's a huge difference between the super fast guys and the DFLers. In fact, there are a lot more 40+HCers than you'd expect from a regular league, but that's cool. There's a laid back atmosphere, but the top guys are all in speed suits and take it pretty seriously.

After the races, there are $2 Yuenglings in the bar (they are the main sponsor), which is cool if you drink gallons of beer like Jeffy. They also do door prizes and I won hand warmers and a cool Yuengling long-sleeve t-shirt. I ended up drinking shots of Citron and watching the Notre Dame basketball team get upset. One of the regular race chicks is pretty hot and Doug should definitely try rapping to her, if he ever gets up here.

Because they use NASTAR scoring, results are posted both at the ski team site, as well as at Nastar.com.

Anyone interested, the races are open to everyone...just sign up in the Ski School building at around 5pm, then first run is at 6pm.

All in all, a very cool night with good people.