The Problem with CB Rhodo park

YellowSnowJerseyPro

In the parks out west I noticed that they have green, blue, black and doubble black rated terrain park features. Each feature has a marker similar to a trail marker made for terrain park features.

At CB things in Laurel should be listed as green.

Seems like you are saying things go from green to black at CB and they need some more blue rated stuff.

In the parks out west I noticed that they have green, blue, black and doubble black rated terrain park features. Each feature has a marker similar to a trail marker made for terrain park features.

At CB things in Laurel should be listed as green.

Seems like you are saying things go from green to black at CB and they need some more blue rated stuff.

Exactly what I am trying to say...............It's a progression park program how can you go from laurel glade to Rhodo?????? Impossible, I am just saying that they need a better transition between parks. And I would like to hear what people think about my suggestions. I looked over Big Boulders park and there gap ons are about one foot not 3 to 4 foot like CB's and there features are reasonable not 30 foot off the ground. Also, not to bash CB I love the mountain and Laurel Glade I just think the gap on is just to far out of range.

Now I don't ski or ride park, but I post on this message board quite frequently. I have to say that this thread is the way things should be handled. I am sick of seeing CB get bashed though. I already think CB's terrain is fantastic. I also think that with constructive input such as jerseypro and Glenn have offered up that CB's parks can be on par with Big Boulder and Bear Creek. ski911- you, craig, ashleigh, and ben are some great go-betweens with the skiers/riders and the people behind the scenes that make CB run, meaning the park crew, etc. I KNOW that CB can realize its potential this year. Please, please keep doing what you're doing ski911 and pass along the suggestions.

P.S.- off topic, but the redcoats at CB are awesome. You guys pulled my wrecked arse off Big Poc last year in the sled and were somehow able to keep me more comfortable than the paramedics could once they took over. Just thought I'd give credit where credit is due.

I agree with yellowsnow on the progression aspect 100%.

The laurel park was the most fun today it's been all year, with the highlight being the up box - flat box, because it was the longest jib in the park. The jumps were way too long for both the lip size and the maximum safe speed to ride through crowded park.

I got one lap through rhodo before the stevenson closed tonight (I arrived around 8 pm) so I did't hit anything any features. The flat bar looked to be a resonable setup. Jibzilla looked alright, but I think it would be more fun at the bottom of LG right before the lift rather than in the rhodo park, where it's a bit to steep to really explore the variety of ways to slide it. Not a big deal, but its a better use of the terrain/feature in my opinion. The jumps like some serious speed was required, no one was in the park so I didn't see how much it took to clear them. The wallride transition was looking not so great. The up-down still scares the crap out of me. Both the flat-down-flat and the up-down were setup with the lips well below the rails. The up-down is probably a 3 foot gap vertically as well as several feet long. No comment on whether that is a good or a bad thing. I'm still working up the will to hit the one. brtndom says it's fun, so I gotta figure it's worth riding.

The rhodo park has some features that I want to try out, but overall I'm still not thrilled about the park.

Edited by Glenn

i agree with more stuff on rhodo, and the flat down needs to be alot lower. i like the flat rail, i think it needs a landing though(more then what it has) because you are gaping out so far cause your going fast but other then that i like it.

Edited by KyleL

I have nothing nice to say. .. I do have a question though. Why is there no drop in for your new pipe? It is already short at 300' - Obviously the pipe was built to plans, why was the drop in left out? It shortens an already short pipe. Are there plans to build the walls back up, also it seems now that the snow needs to be farmed differently to steepen it up.

The long flat rail has too flat of a landing at the end of it. I wish I had a camera with me to take pictures of the flat down and how dangerous it was saturday. (it was corrected for Sunday)

The jibzilla looked interesting I would want to hit that for sure. I was thinking of hitting it like a frontside lip on the slant wall but tail pressing like you had to on the slant box at MC two seasons ago. You'd be going along heelside edge downhill pressed on your tail and slide off at the end, that would look pretty sick. Kind of like you went up for a backside tree bonk and slid it across the face. Not sure if its doable and won't get a chance to try it this year, but thats what I was thinking of doing pre-season.

That or go from the up, spin and land on the side like a hip. Not sure what else people are doing with it.

Edited by Method9455

The jibzilla looked interesting I would want to hit that for sure. I was thinking of hitting it like a frontside lip on the slant wall but tail pressing like you had to on the slant box at MC two seasons ago. You'd be going along heelside edge downhill pressed on your tail and slide off at the end, that would look pretty sick. Kind of like you went up for a backside tree bonk and slid it across the face. Not sure if its doable and won't get a chance to try it this year, but thats what I was thinking of doing pre-season.

That or go from the up, spin and land on the side like a hip. Not sure what else people are doing with it.

nips said he was coming up with some fun variations like that. probably thier best feature although it should probably be over in the beginner park. hahahahaha

they closed Stevenson...

when, why?

they close stevenson at 8 pm every nite? i thought closing due to coldness was bad, but each week CB manages to pull even goofier bullshit. the only safe time to go to CB is on busy weekends during the day, cause every other time they may shut down lifts for no reason

They close it somewhere around 9, usually 9:15. It's not that bizarre. I've been with beginners that take close to a half hour to get from one side of the mountain to another. They have to get everyone off that side, and on the other, while sweeping all the trails.

It's goofy or bullshit, all mountains that are large enough have some system to slowly close off the distant areas of the mountain first, as they close.

i agree that the range is features between the parks is a little wide but i mean most of us have been waiting for some BIG features for a while now and i personally am happy. I've been having a blast in the rhodo park. Jibzilla is one of the most fun things i've ridden in a while. i feel the gap ons are fine, if you hit the feature with enough speed you'll finish the rail and te gap will be fine. I didn't like how wide they made the sides of the flat down, i'd rather come off onto a slant insteast of hitting flat from 10 feet up and bustin my knees (if you've seen the set ups you know what i mean.) the flat down flat was put in sunday too and that was set up fine.

Either way i go out and have fun. rhodo has been nice with the park passes so i don't have to deal with teh weekend warriors on the weekend.

I agree 100% with the gaps on they are just too big. I can clean the flat down, but I mean come on its a freakin booter on to the rail, i hit the middle of the flat and launch all the way down the down. The 40 foot, I just hit the rail and bounce off it pops you up soooo much and really hard to land on. If the setups were like boulder, shit would be like butter, but then again thats boulder and anything they do is pretty much perfect. Yeah something needs to be done about the set ups i didnt think they could mess them up more but now they put huge lips on the take offs and say its better, well there not.

I agree 100% with the gaps on they are just too big. I can clean the flat down, but I mean come on its a freakin booter on to the rail, i hit the middle of the flat and launch all the way down the down. The 40 foot, I just hit the rail and bounce off it pops you up soooo much and really hard to land on. If the setups were like boulder, shit would be like butter, but then again thats boulder and anything they do is pretty much perfect. Yeah something needs to be done about the set ups i didnt think they could mess them up more but now they put huge lips on the take offs and say its better, well there not.