Blue Mtn closing date?

IrishSnow686

I was just looking at the calendar of events for Blue and it looks as though they will be closing on Sunday March 25th. I was hoping they would stay open till the 1st week in April, but staying open about a week longer then they normally do is better than normal closing.

From Blue's calendar of events for March 25th:

"Second Annual Blue Mountain Pond Skimming Contest Last Day of the Season

Sponsored by Liquid Fence

Our traditional closing day pond skimming competition will mark the completion of another

successful season at Blue Mountain. Competitors who successfully skim across our icy moat will receive a specially designed T-Shirt to commemorate their achievement. Will Bat Man or the unidentified skier in the grass skirt once again show up at Blue Mountain? Make sure you attend and participate in the fun!

Entry and release forms will be available on line or in the office at Blue Mountain after March 1, 2007. "

do you think they'll make snow in March?

i don't know how they'll survive another 3.5 weeks with all the forecasted rain and periods of warm temperature without making snow. i saw a big bare, grassy patch on lower sidwinder yesterday afternoon and the bottom of either falls or paradise was looking a bit thin, too. sure, this stuff can easily be covered up by what they have right now, but i don't know what things will be like after a few days of rain.

Edited by am476

I think I'm going to take a week off work when Blue closes and drive from ski area to ski area in New England...I usually go up north just for a weekend but I have alot more vacation time this year so it would be cool to go for 7-8 days.

OK... when do we leave?