The Snow Making Beast!

lurker

Anthony and I have finally put the finishing touches on the TWP Snow Maker 4! Its a combo gun with a huge custom stand Anthony and I built on Monday. Pictures are at www.bradsplace.org in the videos section.

Unfortunatly, the weather has not been very friendly of late, which is making us very angry. I have come to realize how increadibly wrong accuweather, and the weather channel are. It was suppose to down to 27 degrees on thanksgiving. I stayed up basically all night, and it never hit 32 degrees. Friday night the same thing happened, besides it barely went below 35. Anthony woke up a 3:00 and at 5:00 in the morning before school on monday and it was suppose to be 29 degrees by then. Big suprise, it was 37 degrees.

So in conclusion, the snow maker seems awsome, the weather does not. We're really hoping for some cold weather for snow and to open the local mountains. Lets hope they're right about the low of 21 for next friday!

Here's a quick preview, but better shots are on our site.

SMTest_Tilted2_Thumb.jpg

Oh yeah! And to everyone else on this board who has made a snowmaker (I know there's a couple), how's the weather been for you? Make anything yet? I read a post where someone made some early on, but then got a freeze up. Oh well that's the way it goes I guess. :)

That's an awaome gun! I made a tiny amount a while ago. Skifreak has better guns than me I think he made a couple inches already this season. I made some modifications to my tee gun the last time it was cold but the temps rose and I hasen't been cold enough again yet. I hopeing for some snow making towards the end of the week.

Definently. I'm waiting for the same stuff you are! :D

That's pretty cool that you've made some snow already. Did you use it for anything, or was it just a test run to see it on the ground? That's probably what we'll be doing in the very beginning. Maybe pelt each other with a couple snowballs. The usual. Awsome though.

I've been making snow for about 5 years now and this years going to rock if my tower gun works.

Is that your tower gun there in your avatar? If so, that thing is massive. This friday looks to be promising for cold weather. Gonna stay up late and try it out!

Here we go! First snow pic for us. Its pretty thin and we only blowed for around 20 minutes, but it's still snow!

1st_Snow_Thumb.jpg

A better version is, of course, on our site :D. We're hopefully gonna pump it out tomorrow! Yippe!

We blew so much snow on friday! Wow, it was so much fun. I think we had about a 200x200 foot patch covered enough to board/ski on. The gun was really pumping out the snow. We had a 8 foot round steel pipe to grind, a 20 foot 6x6 post, and a skating quater pipe we covered with snow (about 5 feet high). It obviously wasn't anything extreme, but oh man was it a lot of fun. It's great to be able to put snow where ever you want it.

The gun was pumping out around 5 inches an hour if you concentrated the spray into a small 20x20ft patch. Keep in mind the wetbulb temps were around 19 degrees, which is about the best you can get.

We stayed up until about 3:00 in the morning messing around with all the snow and rails. I of course took my ceremonial first fall into the rail of the season, and Anthony had to 270 onto it to show us all up, but it was a good time. Dan Saunders managed to grind the whole 8ft rail on a boogie board which is a feat I had never seen before.

I don't have any pictures or video right now, because it has been an absolutely insane weekend, but I hopefully will soon. Wooooohoooo!

:DWinter is coming!! :D

Edited by lurker

linemavericks: That's a good question. I wasn't shooting video so I'll have see if who ever was shooting got it. I'm not sure because it was in the very beginning, and I'm not sure if we had the camera out, but we definently could of.

Gurpskier: Yeah sure... 100 dollars an inch. Haha just kidding. I don't think we'll be able to make snow for a while anymore with the warmth coming in, but hopefully accuweathers forcast for next friday is right, and we'll be getting super cold conditions (enough for the ski slopes to open I would bet!!)

I wasn't shooting video so I'll have see if who ever was shooting got it.  I'm not sure because it was in the very beginning, and I'm not sure if we had the camera out, but we definently could of.

Yeah, because you're too damn lazy to shoot the footy yourself! Haha, j/k I would have been skiing and not shooting footy too. Too bad I had the friggin' SAT's the next morning :banghead