Whistler Shoot Out

Papasteeze

We've crossed paths, but mostly just know a lot of the same people. I had a girl who raced for Gus at CB, then I raced ASRA a little for four years after she went to college. Now, I have a little girl starting with Coach Steph and Colleen. Oh, and I did the Thursday Night races at Sno, but I don't think you hung at in the bar all that much.

Anyway, this board is pretty unique because---even though we sometimes argue like idiots---we have get-togethers called PASR Days and quite a few of us have been skiing together for years.

MLSC = Main Line Ski Club. Ahh yes, good ole Gus. So we may run into each other allot this year. Colleen's been a good friend for years and my daughter will be with her at least one more year, maybe 2. Words cannot describe Colleen's ability to keep those kids in line and interested in her plans for the day. Her crew will now and again stay out longer than my J1-J2 kids on a foul weather training day. Her secret involves sugar by the way :naughty

MLSC = Main Line Ski Club. Ahh yes, good ole Gus. So we may run into each other allot this year. Colleen's been a good friend for years and my daughter will be with her at least one more year, maybe 2. Words cannot describe Colleen's ability to keep those kids in line and interested in her plans for the day. Her crew will now and again stay out longer than my J1-J2 kids on a foul weather training day. Her secret involves sugar by the way :naughty

Both girls have gone out of their way to be really encouraging to my little one who's been hanging around the NASTAR course for four years, just waiting to be old enough for the devo team. As a long time soccer coach, I especially appreciate the little things that they've done to make her really excited about this season. She's always the tiniest kid and she gets overwhelmed pretty easily, so she takes to kids like them.

I'm racing Thursday's with Artie, Chris, Andrea, and CJ...a few of us who were just independent last year combined with them because the rest of their team wasn't showing up and Jim H. was enjoying winning too much :rolleyes: I'm really psyched about Thursday's because I have to be at Sno every Sat/Sun for my little one, so I can't do ASRA's for a few seasons.

BTW, is the NASTAR course being moved?

Both girls have gone out of their way to be really encouraging to my little one who's been hanging around the NASTAR course for four years, just waiting to be old enough for the devo team. As a long time soccer coach, I especially appreciate the little things that they've done to make her really excited about this season. She's always the tiniest kid and she gets overwhelmed pretty easily, so she takes to kids like them.

I'm racing Thursday's with Artie, Chris, Andrea, and CJ...a few of us who were just independent last year combined with them because the rest of their team wasn't showing up and Jim H. was enjoying winning too much :rolleyes: I'm really psyched about Thursday's because I have to be at Sno every Sat/Sun for my little one, so I can't do ASRA's for a few seasons.

BTW, is the NASTAR course being moved?

The Devo team awaits! I'll have my daughter on the look-out for yours, she'll make her feel welcomed. Wish i lived closer, otherwise i'd be up there Thursdays. But no worries, i make up for lost time in the bar during the weekends :rolleyes: . I loved ASRA back in the day and wish i could commit to a few races, but i'm off with my 1-2's every weekend. I may be sliding down to the 4-5's in a year or two, if and when my daughter decides to race USSA. Otherwise i'll have to wait till my son gets up in years and gives it a go. He's 4, so it may be awhile. Not sure on the Nastar course! Early word was it was moving one slope over to skiers right. Our meeting is in a few weeks, i'll know more then.

The Devo team awaits! I'll have my daughter on the look-out for yours, she'll make her feel welcomed. Wish i lived closer, otherwise i'd be up there Thursdays. But no worries, i make up for lost time in the bar during the weekends :rolleyes: . I loved ASRA back in the day and wish i could commit to a few races, but i'm off with my 1-2's every weekend. I may be sliding down to the 4-5's in a year or two, if and when my daughter decides to race USSA. Otherwise i'll have to wait till my son gets up in years and gives it a go. He's 4, so it may be awhile. Not sure on the Nastar course! Early word was it was moving one slope over to skiers right. Our meeting is in a few weeks, i'll know more then.

Ha, I actually know which one your daughter is because my daughter, Tylea, was behind her in line for NASTAR when the devo team was in the start house. Steph had offered for us to cut the line but Ty just wanted to take it all in by being next to all those big kids. And your's was pretty much the least big of the big kids.

You know what ranks among the coolest things ever? My oldest had come home from college and raced an ASRA with me...after all the years of gatekeeping and being a driver, I got to inspect with her and then share course reports.

Ha, I actually know which one your daughter is because my daughter, Tylea, was behind her in line for NASTAR when the devo team was in the start house. Steph had offered for us to cut the line but Ty just wanted to take it all in by being next to all those big kids. And your's was pretty much the least big of the big kids.

You know what ranks among the coolest things ever? My oldest had come home from college and raced an ASRA with me...after all the years of gatekeeping and being a driver, I got to inspect with her and then share course reports.

Yup, she is a bit small for her age, by an inch or two. She'll be heart broken when she leaves the Devo team, thats for sure. Colleen is like her big sister and that's that. Jeez, you have one in college? wow! That's neat you can course inspect with her and share course details... as opposed to "OK, go to the right around the first gate, and to the left around the second gate...." :rolleyes:

Hey Winter! Welcome to the site, been out on that sea doo recently? lol jk i am done for the season.....you should come up on thurs. nights. I will be racing up there this year so if you ever want a ride up let me know. I will be leaving from Kutztown...Btw I saw you at the fall fest this past weekend. I was working the used ski sale in the rental shop.

Sorry for going off-topic....

Hey Winter! Welcome to the site, been out on that sea doo recently? lol jk i am done for the season.....you should come up on thurs. nights. I will be racing up there this year so if you ever want a ride up let me know. I will be leaving from Kutztown...Btw I saw you at the fall fest this past weekend. I was working the used ski sale in the rental shop.

Sorry for going off-topic....

This thread seems to be way off topic lately :rolleyes: Jeez, you shoulda yelled, i would have stopped over! I 'may' make some thursdays, we'll see. I have to take the Sea Doo out one more time to figure out where that leak is!! :banghead

This thread seems to be way off topic lately :rolleyes: Jeez, you shoulda yelled, i would have stopped over! I 'may' make some thursdays, we'll see. I have to take the Sea Doo out one more time to figure out where that leak is!! :banghead

Winter, it's only considered going off topic when requests are made for 'Kitten to show her b**bies. I'm not trying to be funny----it's true. And, btw, she won't do it, except in Blue's parking lot.

Winter, it's only considered going off topic when requests are made for 'Kitten to show her b**bies. I'm not trying to be funny----it's true. And, btw, she won't do it, except in Blue's parking lot.

Is that so!? Well... i could certainly think of better parking lots in which that could be done! But i guess anywhere is fine in the long run.