Buckman's and Sno Mtn join forces

johnnypowder

Well, here comes the PR side of me........

Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops is joining with Sno Mtn and will be opening a full service ski and board shop at the mountain beginning next fall. We are still working out all the details but we are expecting to have a 3000sq ft shop which will house a full retail store and demo center (both skis and boards).

We will stock all of the same items we do in our current shops and will offer the same great expertise and service. We will offer our full array of workshop services as well.

Like I said, the details are still being finalized but it is to the point that it is for "public knowledge".

The Sno Mtn shop will be our 6th location. It will not be like a normal Mountain shop! It will be a full retail shop with a complete selection of hardgoods, accessories, and apparel. We expect the shop to open prior to the mountain. Once the Mountain is open the shop will operate 7 days.

Sno Mtn is bringing skiing and snowboarding back to Scranton and Buckman's is giving Scranton the ski and snowboard shop they deserve.

As more is finalized I will let you know!

oo oo i wanna be sponsorized!!

No seriously. i can do 7s with grabs, do you guys think thats good enough for a sponsorship?

I can launch off a jump and scratch my ass. Does that get me sponsored?

Haha uhh does that mean next year when I buy a jacket at Buckmans it will come with a pass to Sno insted of Blue?

Haha uhh does that mean next year when I buy a jacket at Buckmans it will come with a pass to Sno insted of Blue?

Don't know! We'll find out as we get closer. Blue has always been the Mtn who tickets all the jackets in the shops (not just at Buckman's) and Bear Creek did it one time. Greek Peak has done our junior jackets with free kids program tickets and I think Spring Mtn did all of our jackets a couple years in a row.

I'm open to any of the mountains doing it. It's added value for our customers.

oh, and on the whole "sponsorized" topic - we haven't done an official sponsored rider/skier program for quite a while but it is something we are thinking about bringing back. NO promises but as we get closer to the fall you might hear something.