Bode update

Ski

I was kidding about the rusty medal of course.

My goal is to make art with my body and my snowboard (keeping in mind I'm a long way from my goal), this is why freeriding and freestyle mean alot more to me than racing. Although, racing turns can be a thing of beauty too. I don't consider snowboarding a pure sport because of this, and competing at art is silly. I strive to be the best I can be, although others have a factor in that. I have no clue what motivates others.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kidding about the rusty medal of course.

My goal is to make art with my body and my snowboard (keeping in mind I'm a long way from my goal), this is why freeriding and freestyle mean alot more to me than racing. Although, racing turns can be a thing of beauty too. I don't consider snowboarding a pure sport because of this, and competing at art is silly. I strive to be the best I can be, although others have a factor in that. I have no clue what motivates others.

I took the rust as a metaphor...

It's always funny when someone asks me what it's like to make a living as an artist. Artist? I always think they're joking.

And I don't disagree that competing at art is silly...I'd even say it was more sad than silly. But competition brings recognition and I know I wouldn't turn away a Pulitzer for fiction.

Thanks for chatting about this...I learned a lot, even though it wasn't a particularly positive image...

I took the rust as a metaphor...

It was supposedly to be a harmless ribbing. If taken otherwise, I apologize.

It's always funny when someone asks me what it's like to make a living as an artist. Artist? I always think they're joking.

And I don't disagree that competing at art is silly...I'd even say it was more sad than silly. But competition brings recognition and I know I wouldn't turn away a Pulitzer for fiction.

I think it goes without saying that the recognition will seldom be turned down. Hopefully the non-fiction work is done for the sake of the statement that work makes. Thats the whole point.

Thanks for chatting about this...I learned a lot, even though it wasn't a particularly positive image...

Thank you. I always enjoy our conversations and I'm sure I get 10x's as much out of hearing you're perspective as you do from mine.

And sorry things aren't as you would have liked.

And sorry things aren't as you would have liked.

Ha, I still believe most young athletes have dreams where money isn't involved. I'd rather just live in ignorant semi-bliss and coach small-town kids who just play for the love of the game.

See you on the slopes, Glenn!