Snow and Rail Pictures from Friday

lurker

Hey all! Just wanted to show how we put the snow maker to use last friday! We ran it for about 5 hours and oh boy was it a lot of fun. We stayed up until 2:45 in the morning skiing and boarding :D. We set up a simple 8-10 foot pipe for a rail and a long (20 foot maybe?) 6x6 post, and covered a skating quarter pipe with snow.

We did a lot of stupid stuff, grinded some rails, and messed around in the snow. Highlights include my first ceremonial slip out and slam into the pipe rail of the year, Anthony's 270 on to the pipe, and Dan Saunder's complete grind of the pipe rail on a boogie board. You can't do that at Camelback... haha.

Anyway I'll shut up and post some pictures now.

Looking%20Up%20Thumb.jpg

Looking%20Down%20Thumb.jpg

Good%20Shot%20Thumb.jpg

Early%20Morning%20Thumb.jpg

Covered%20Post%20Thumb.jpg

Snow%20Cloud%20Thumb.jpg

Bigger shots and I think a couple more are on our site! http://www.bradsplace.org

Edited by lurker

Hmmm... So you're saying that if we put all the snow into one big lump basically and cover it up in a tarp, it will survive warmer temperatures better. Then when we want some snow, just pull it around until the snow comes off. Seems to make sense. Now all I need is a big tarp...

Monday is definently the day to wait for. Woohoo I can't wait!

Well what I mean is just lay down a tarp on the ground and blow a large pile of snow on it. When snow begins to melt all you need to do is pull the tarp and lay down the snow where you need it. The tarp just makes moving the snow easier.

The point is if you blow snow in large pile it will not melt as quick in high temps. By creating large piles you can patch up your base when the temps are too high for snow. Its called snowfarming.

Well what I mean is just lay down a tarp on the ground and blow a large pile of snow on it. When snow begins to melt all you need to do is pull the tarp and lay down the snow where you need it. The tarp just makes moving the snow easier.

The point is if you blow snow in large pile it will not melt as quick in high temps. By creating large piles you can patch up your base when the temps are too high for snow. Its called snowfarming.

Ah I see. I'd heard of snowfarming before, and knew it involved a tarp, piles, and snow, but wasn't sure of how it really worked. Thanks, we'll have to do that next week.