Anyone want to put together a group to rent a house at BB for the season?

TT C6

Wow...Other than JFBB I don't think there are any places that have homes that close to the slopes. I predict this housing market has several more bad years to come.

The market is flooded with second homes being the first to sell. There were 30 last season, not really that big of a jump, it is a jump though. When Camelbacks hotel gets rolling, things will even out at CB - I am 90% certain of that.

Renting a room while we are there is one thing. Giving keys to an entire house for access to a room when we aren't there much is another.

How else can you rent a room?

It's been a tradition to do exactly that with million dollar houses at the New Jersey shore for years. (Avalon, Sea Isle, Wildwood, etc.)

The optimal situation would be for a couple PASR members to get together and rent a house for the entire season and split the costs evenly among the "shareholders".

Having other housemates to hit the slopes, restaurants, and night life with is the best part of having a group rental. :)

How much each share is worth obviously depends on the number of shareholders and the entire cost to rent the property for the season.

My friends and I did a 3 bedroom house a few years ago with a hot tub and a fireplace for $3,000 for the entire season.

We had 10 shareholders at $300 a piece.

I have never rented a seasonal "room" before.

But, I'm open for suggestions. :)

Edited by TT C6

How else can you rent a room?

It's been a tradition to do exactly that with million dollar houses at the New Jersey shore for years. (Avalon, Sea Isle, Wildwood, etc.)

The optimal situation would be for a couple PASR members to get together and rent a house for the entire season and split the costs evenly among the "shareholders".

Having other housemates to hit the slopes, restaurants, and night life with is the best part of having a group rental. :)

How much each share is worth obviously depends on the number of shareholders and the entire cost to rent the property for the season.

My friends and I did a 3 bedroom house a few years ago with a hot tub and a fireplace for $3,000 for the entire season.

We had 10 shareholders at $300 a piece.

I have never rented a seasonal "room" before.

But, I'm open for suggestions. :)

I guess if I put a ladder to the Bedroom window and nailed the door shut I could consider renting a room. But really, did you want heat? $ 3,000 for an entire season? How was it heated? A 3 bedroom house rents for $1200 per week this time of the year at Camelback.

Sorry for whoring your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can find a place for $3,000 for the entire season near Lake Harmony let me know and I'll rent it by myself and pay you a $300 finders fee. The best deal I ever found was $5,000 from Dec 1st to April 1st. When the utilities were factored in at near $500 a month it was almost $7,000 for the season.

If you can find a place for $3,000 for the entire season near Lake Harmony let me know and I'll rent it by myself and pay you a $300 finders fee. The best deal I ever found was $5,000 from Dec 1st to April 1st. When the utilities were factored in at near $500 a month it was almost $7,000 for the season.

How about you just rent the place with me and we can split the costs evenly amongst the shareholders? :)

I don't want $300. :no

I want a ski house. :halo:)

As far as our previous rental, check your MLS.

I'm assume it records rental histories like our's.

I'm sure it's in there. :halo

Edited by TT C6

How about you just rent the place with me and we can split the costs evenly amongst the shareholders? :)

I don't want $300. :no

I want a ski house. :halo:)

As far as our previous rental, check your MLS.

I'm assume it records rental histories like our's.

I'm sure it's in there. :halo

I'm not a good housemate...I come with a lot of baggage. I'm telling you those deals don't exist near Lake Harmony. For the money spent on an entire seaon you could almost cover the mortgage on a place for the entire year. Next time I'm buying not renting.