is rt worth checking out?

supertrooper12

i go to school in the harrisburg area now, and im still getting a season pass too bear. I just wanna know is roundtop really worth checking out? do they even have a park?

They changed the park staff again this year and have not done any pre season rail jams this year. They used to be very focused on parks but have been steadily easing up each year. I believe Liberty will have a stronger park scene this year but that is a guess based on last seasons trends.

So many roundtop kids have thrown in the towel with Roundtop that they are coming 2 hours east to big boulder now. There are several snowboarders in that same group that are making the hike.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed this question when it was first posted. I'd have to say that RT03 gave a pretty helpful answer. I'm no park runner, but I keep an eye on them when riding the lifts. With last year's snow struggle, I'd have to give RT an A+ for trying to get the parks up and running.

Personally, I find RT to be a good local exercise hill, a place to refine skills. If you're in Harrisburg, it's just a hop down the freeway. But as a destination, its not all that exciting. I'd be hard pressed to recommend to anyone driving more than two hours to go there, especially if there are other hills closer to them. RT gives you 600 feet of vert, which isn't too much. But I find the lack of crowds (weekdays), quality grooming and the general friendliness of the locals to be its strong points.

Its worth checking out and keeping an eye on as the season develops, especially since it is so close to Harrisburg. VY