12/1 Boardin Trip

rideordie7

Well let me start by saying I read almost every post but don't chime in too much. Gonna try to put an end to that so I don't have too many trips like I had today....alone.

It was slated for at least 3 of us to head to my buddy's house last night and ride today. I bartend on Saturday nights in Philly, so that is pretty much my routine week in and week out. Well, my buddy and his fiance didn't think the trip was worth it because of the amount of terrain open and they were also leaving on Saturday night (not liking this lack of commitment). I decided last night that the hell with them, I am itchin for my first turns of the season, and I'm makin the trip from South Jerzey early in the AM.

I got to Boulder around 10 and still needed to get my season pass. The line at Guest Services was out the wazoo. I didn't mind because I am somewhat patient, but then I found out people were in this line just for day passes. Aight!! More patience. Then some lady announced that there are more ticket windows up the steps and the line got much shorter.

I got my pass relatively quick and headed up Merry Widow lift (NO LINE) and headed down LOVE Park. I didn't hit anything cause, well, it is the first day since April (Heavenly Trip). I'll skip the setups because they are all listed on Boulder Park's website. I got a couple runs down here then headed over to Boulder Park for a few runs. The snow had a nice consistency and carving was easy with my 4 year old Lib Tech with no edges(I'm still waiting for my new board to arrive). After getting my legs back I headed over to Freedom Park. I did about 7 runs down Freedom and at that point got sick of waiting because the crowd was starting to roll in.

All in all, the snow was nice, the lift lines non existent and I got my boarding legs back. Rode from about 10:30 -12:30.