Anyone want to put together a group to rent a house at BB for the season?

TT C6

I have always done shore houses (Avalon, NJ) and Pocono houses (Big Boulder/Towamensing Trails) in the past and I'd like to do the same this winter.

Most of the people that I did my Pocono house with are buying or bought their first homes this year,

so they are out this season.

I was hoping to join someone else's group rental,

or put a new group together myself.

Any feedback or info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
The last ski house I put together only cost each of us

$300 for the ENTIRE SEASON !!!!!

Last one I put together was $1,000 for the entire season, but there where only 5 of us in on the deal. In earlier years when I had the energy to arrange a group, we did it for about $400 a person. It's a pain in the ass collecting money from everyone. I think I'm still owed on a summer house in the late 90's from some of my college friends.

10 of us did a group rental a few years ago in Towamensing Trails and it ended up being about $300 each.

It was rare for more than 2 of us to be there at the same time.

Everyone did come for New Year's Eve because we all made a point to spend New Years together.

I am just one guy who wants to have a place to sleep near Big Boulder when I want to ride 2 days in a row.

I'd prefer to just buy a share in a group rental that was already set up.

But, if we can get a few people together on here,

I will try to locate a house for the season.

Sorry if it appeared like that...In all seriousness you seem like someone who is very knowledgeable when it comes to real estate. Are you looking to buy near BB.

apology accepted. the appraisal appreciated 50k, less fees and negative ammoritization plus discount will probably break even - there is a new builder up there now and prices have gone up and yes, the market has gone down. Would like to stick it out until the new hotel is open, but it has out lived its usefulness. we travel too much now and it is a drain not a convienance anymore. fully furnished at $325 at the top of the hill views of the slopes backing up to protected woodlands. The beach house and personal residence is also for sale. I probably will keep the beach house and rent it out this upcoming season.

So if I'm not prying too much, do you simply plan to rent/stay in hotels until you are ready to make the big move, or is the big move imminent?

its actually a lot cheaper to live in a hotel than pay a mortgage and associated utilities. yeah the big move! still a pipe dream. :)

• 2 weeks later...
to the top. :)

Does anyone have a share they can sell me in a seasonal rental? :)

Anyone have a room to rent for the season? :)

I have good references and have ridden with PASR members.

If I can't get enoguht people together to rent a house of our own for the season.

I'm going to have to do hotel rooms again. =(

Check out Craigslist... http://poconos.craigslist.org/roo/

I really don't think any PASRs do a Pocono rental because most just do day trips up there since we mostly live within an hour or two drive. Maybe you can get on Barbs good side and offer baby-sitting/housecleaning services in exchange for a couch to crash on...I know she has a house by Boulder and is up there every other weekend or so...Good Luck..

haha I only rent to people I know WELL.