"Pre ski" ski report

ski911

I was out on the mountain today, finishing up some trail maintenance stuff, and we have a boat load of snow! I can't remember the last time I saw such a base for opening day. The snowmakers have been laying it down very thick. Leave your rock skis/boards at home and break out the new stuff. I am not sure what the final trail number is going to be for saturday, but, it is going to be in the teens (# of trails).

They were working on the Glade park today (setting the hits and rails) and I think they might have the pipe too (don't quote me).

I'll let you know more tomorrow.

For the few that care. Actually, the "negative" critisism can be taken and learned from (some we actually do learn from). It is obvious that CB has not met the expectations of some, which is ok, but, those who are here looking for genuine CB info and news are worth putting up with the "experts."

I don't think there are too many skiers that ski at CB participating on the board? There is a handful of regulars and the lurkers, but I bet most have lost interest in PASAR. Does CB participate on other boards? Would CB ever start the ride board up again?
That is ironic. there are tons of skiers who go to or used to call CB home. Myself, as others have migrated to other mountains and they still check in, albeit disgruntled.
I wont speak for the marketing dept. but, it doesn't seem to be worth it. The "haters" always seem to infect the forum. Not that some of there messages aren't entertaining, but, it does get frustrating.
would it be better that those who are disatisfied not say anything at all? The complaints are about the way stuff is written. There are no arguments about the facts regarding eyewitness reports of thier operations. BTW - for those who aren't aware this board was created from the CB board, when they weren't allowed to speak "freely". What does that tell you?

That is ironic. there are tons of skiers who go to or used to call CB home. Myself, as others have migrated to other mountains and they still check in, albeit disgruntled.would it be better that those who are disatisfied not say anything at all? The complaints are about the way stuff is written. There are no arguments about the facts regarding eyewitness reports of thier operations. BTW - for those who aren't aware this board was created from the CB board, when they weren't allowed to speak "freely". What does that tell you?

:yes

I don't think there are too many skiers that ski at CB participating on the board? There is a handful of regulars and the lurkers, but I bet most have lost interest in PASAR. Does CB participate on other boards? Would CB ever start the ride board up again?

There are quite a few of us and I would be very disappointed if the CB representation went elsewhere.

It wouldn't matter if they set up a CB only board, the old one was full of social / mental retards (even more so than you might think are here).

Despite the general "hating" by some people towards CB, some with gripes, other that just enjoy stirring it up, it's still a useful point of information for those of us that are interested.

Did I mention that the skiing/riding is going to "rock" tomorrow? IF you are there, take a good look at the amount of snow they made. I don't just mean number of trails, try to judge some of the depths.

Depth only matters when it comes to fresh powder :wiggle

Really though, I'm just jealous I have to work clear until Thursday so I wont be able to get up on the hill until than.

Depth only matters when it comes to fresh powder :wiggle

Really though, I'm just jealous I have to work clear until Thursday so I wont be able to get up on the hill until than.

Well it matters for 3 things on the east coast, rock coverage, length of season, and how deep they can groom. If it is really thing they can't push snow around with the same flexibility to groom as they would if it was deep. We really only need like 6" to ski on it, but they put down 4 feet for grooming and in case it warms up.

Oh and I'm glad they post on here. I rip a bit but I still plan to go up and bring people with me so I'll keep watching and the reports say everything is open I'll start buying tickets.

Edited by Method9455