Morning Report for Wednesday December 19, 2007

SkiCamelback

yay im heading up there with my girlfriend and another couple..it seems as if camelback is offereing to the intermediate skier right now more than the advanced due to the number of blues and circles open which is great

Thats great? Since when?

Well have fun out there roundtop, and don't forget to post a trip report about the packed poe and the caesar salad.

Actually, most of our intermediates are much longer than the blacks, so the less snow thing is incorrect. Depth is not as much of an issue since the winch cat pushes the snow back to the top (unlike the past where it would keep ending up downhill).

Currently we have: 2 Blacks, 2 blues, 8 single greens, 3 double greens, 2 beginner, and 1 park (listed black). Thursday you can add: 3 double greens, and 1 (maybe 2) double blues.

The main idea is to spread everyone out to lessen some of the "less talented" congestion in high traffic areas.

Cliff is almost done (depends on temps the next few nights) and Asp and Hump do not take long to put in. I also heard a rumor that the bump fairy may be making a visit soon.

If you open up too black trail heavy in these areas, all the beginners/intermediates scrape them off and it sucks quick. Open a bunch of green & blue and the conditions stay better longer. Killington can pull off the black trail opening because it is mostly a destination, but the PA mountains definitely can't.

I also heard a rumor that the bump fairy may be making a visit soon.

As in by this weekend? Do tell. Would love an early Christmas present like that.

And now the mandatory - Blue is better, better snow, better lifts, better bumps, better park, better place for all my buddies to tell me how great I am. Blue lets me ski for free. I don't know why everyone doesn't go to Blue.

As in by this weekend? Do tell. Would love an early Christmas present like that.

And now the mandatory - Blue is better, better snow, better lifts, better bumps, better park, better place for all my buddies to tell me how great I am. Blue lets me ski for free. I don't know why everyone doesn't go to Blue.

Don't forget Blue has had a bump run open since opening day....

i had the chance to get up there last night after work, and it was well worth it. the pipe wasnt as good as i had hoped it would be, but the park was still pretty fresh. the slopes werent croweded, no lift waits, it was great. definatly a major improvement since i went up there last. hopefully ill have the chance to get up there again tonight.

Edited by ride the nation