New Trail Map Official

Melissa

Agreed re: cannonball. That second headwall has given me trouble on more than one occassion! I swear, boomer is easier than Cannonball.

Your thinking about it too much then. Boomer you pretty much have to turn on unless you a straight lining nutcase like my brother. The headwalls on cannonball are so short though, you just point to an empty spot downhill take the compression at the bottom of the headwall and manage your speed on the flat part if it's an issue at all. Unless you like super small turns those headwalls are only good for one turn anyways.

While I don't agree with all of the trail ratings, the new map is a more accurate representation of the mountain. Just look at riderossi's Google Earth map and compare the old and the new trail maps.

When I suggested a connection like the Rattler to Cannonball last spring, all of the Sno regulars were against it. After reading their responses, I agreed. Mostly for keeping the nubes off of the North Face. I guess we'll have to ski it this year to see if it is a good or bad thing.

All of the old trail names were railroad related. The new trails are snake related. My guess is they will change all of the old trail names once they install a new HS lift and some new top-to-bottom trails.

I feel kind of stupid in that I never picked up on the whole "railroad theme" until just now... Apparently I'm not so swift...

So, Blondie, did you notice they made a new calendar as per your suggestion? But, to be honest, aside from a webcam and a calendar of events, what's so important about a website? I skied CB for years and sure didn't check the conditions page to make sure it was "wet packed-powder" or not. The only benefit of having a glossy website, IMO, is to attract New Yorkers, which is great for the resort, but bad for parking.

So, Blondie, did you notice they made a new calendar as per your suggestion? But, to be honest, aside from a webcam and a calendar of events, what's so important about a website? I skied CB for years and sure didn't check the conditions page to make sure it was "wet packed-powder" or not. The only benefit of having a glossy website, IMO, is to attract New Yorkers, which is great for the resort, but bad for parking.

Oh, how exciting! I don't know, I like to be able to find all of my information online. One-stop cyber shopping if you will. I am pleased to see that they tentatively have scheduled a women's clinic... it would be nice if you could click on the event and be provided with details on how to register, costs, times, etc...

If they got a webcam and a new website, they could change their name to Melissa Midatlantic!