Bear Creek TR 1/3/08

poconoceancity

I got to Blue in about 20 minutes from Bear Creek on NYE. It's really not as far as I thought.

Uhhhhh... not quite 20 minutes. I wish it was but nope.

Bear Creek to Blue in 20 minutes is unpossible..unless you are averaging over 100mph through traffic..lol

Which can't happen on that drive unfortunatley.

No skiing for GrilledSteezeSandwichMPHunfortunately..the coldest day of the winter and blasting snowguns equals.. :crymore: I'm a wimp..Now I won't hit day 30 until Saturday..it's a hard knock life..

Oh... and you call Bob a fair weather skier. OK, not the same thing but it was fun to pick on you for a change.

no...you trade your board for a ticket and when you want your board u hand the guys your ticket and they give you your board...problem is people are impatient and there's usually a line and the scum of the earth(peopel who steal snowboards) just look for sumbody who has a decent board and leaves it unattended

poconoceancity, From the Quakertown exit on I476, Blue is only 15 - 20 minutes farther than BC as long as you're not traveling at rush hour. I know because I live near the Q-town exit and timed it. It's more miles to Blue but less slow back roads than BC. If you're a skier and not a "park hound", it's worth the extra time. Just follow the directions on Blues website. I've tried all kinds of ways and that's still the fastest.

Congrats on the new baby, by the way!

poconoceancity, From the Quakertown exit on I476, Blue is only 15 - 20 minutes farther than BC as long as you're not traveling at rush hour. I know because I live near the Q-town exit and timed it. It's more miles to Blue but less slow back roads than BC. If you're a skier and not a "park hound", it's worth the extra time. Just follow the directions on Blues website. I've tried all kinds of ways and that's still the fastest.

Congrats on the new baby, by the way!

Thanks...I just wanted to give BC another chance. This season is going to be all day trips for me and I'm going to try to hit as many places as possible. Next season I'm renting a place in the Lake Harmony Area and will decide on a home Mountain then. Probably Eagle Rock as it is a perfect spot to bring a 3 year old.