trails

clashboy

have any new trails been opened up with all of the snow being blown over the past few days ( besides last night)? im kinda getting sick of whats open and i really want fast track and runaway to open. sno invested all of this money into a snow system and nothings open. i miss elk now

have any new trails been opened up with all of the snow being blown over the past few days ( besides last night)? im kinda getting sick of whats open and i really want fast track and runaway to open. sno invested all of this money into a snow system and nothings open. i miss elk now

Yeah, I heard from a friend that Elk opened a bunch of trails they'd just blown on without even doing a whole lot of grooming. Must be a good weekend over there.

Over the last cold stretch it seemed like they focused on blowing the base area and the park, and they put less attention on the other slopes that werent open.

Definitely. I was there this morning and it looked like they dusted most of the open terrain with more snow and concentrated most of the effort on the base area and park area. The larger park was groomed out today so I guess they are going to open it soon. Fastrack and Runaway are going to to need quite a bit of snow before they are open.

im really starting to get pissed with sno. they need to realize that not everyone is a park person. i wanna ride some other stuff and im getting sick of every trail being the same. what they have to open is by the far the best terrain (fun wise) IMO. im so going back to elk next year, sno sucks big ones right now

im really starting to get pissed with sno. they need to realize that not everyone is a park person. i wanna ride some other stuff and im getting sick of every trail being the same. what they have to open is by the far the best terrain (fun wise) IMO. im so going back to elk next year, sno sucks big ones right now

You'd rather have Fast Track and Runaway open rather than the rest of the North Face? Why? A few days of 50+ temps and you might be glad they built up the base on the NF instead of wasting water/air pressure on Easy Street.

BTW, Clashboy, what's your deal with all the trolling? It wasn't too long ago that you posted this:

"sno sucks. the sno is terrible the ppl suck(employees) and the park rats are douches. being a boarder it may sound strange to most to prefer elk but the snow is is awesome. the slow lifts give u a great view and plenty of time to pick out your next run or line depending where u are. the runs offer some nice diversity and some good turns. the whole atmosphere is awesome there, so much better than sno. sno to me is so "industralized" and it seems like it is set up just for the money making puruposes. elk to me is such a nice wintery and inviting place. everyone is so nice and theres things there for everyone. deffinetly for years to come elk will be getting my 600 bucks for a pass as long as it stays as it now. for thoughs of u who disagree with me, before you say anything head down to elk on one of our two pow days and then say you hate elk."

So you just start posting bullshit threads about Sno? Wishing they opened the better terrain? I'm not calling you out, but why waste your energy?

Another from Clashboy:

"im a local here at elk and have no complaints. the slow lift speeds keep people like you guys complaining about it away from the mountain which is a deffinite plus wiggle.gif wiggle.gif wiggle.gif wiggle.gif . we get some decent snow and the trees are fun. elk is just an all around good mountain in my opinion. i like not having so many park rats and just being able to leave my shit out without it being stolen!"

How uncool would it be for Sno people to pretend to be Elk locals and trash talk the mountain? Jeez, didn't you realize you can search members posts?

EDIT: BTW, both posts were from this past summer. BEFORE this season.

Edited by ski

well ski, if you didn't already know.... sno dosent have compressors moron they have fan guns with onboard compressors

Yes, but they have a limited amount of water they can pump at once (I have no idea what it is), and most likely a limited amount of electricity they are allowed to draw from the grid for running those fan guns.

well ski, if you didn't already know.... sno dosent have compressors moron they have fan guns with onboard compressors

OMG, really? I had no idea what those things were. I helped locate and buy two used units for our private ski hill and am sure glad to have someone like you to explain what they are. But you do know how the tower guns work, right? And did you just call me a moron?

millenium1.jpg

nick...ur an idiot sometimes. and i mean that in the nicest possible way :chea:

if i recall correctly, last time you tried to make snow, you managed to fill the compressor tanks with water.....

and shortly thereafter, turned my driveway into and ice skating rink...............

Edited by g15

you can use craigslist and wiki???? WOW expert snow maker on this forum i hail to you and your infinite knowledge

No, I can work on and off for years at several ski areas, then meet with Areco reps. I certainly bow to Skifreak's snowmaking knowledge, as well as the guy who makes it at BB. But I sure know how HKD's work, while you don't.

And just to be clear, publicenemy666, isn't related to the good Nick...

BTW, publicenemy666badNick, why the hostility? Why so angry?

Edited by ski

ik i sound like quite the hyporcrite, but those comments were before finacial and family problems struck. you'd be amzed how fast you would change were u were skiing at when saving 300 bucks on a pass is a possibility. i would rather riding sno then not riding anywhere

just curoius though, y would you look up what i wrote a few months ago? you have to much time on your hands

Edited by clashboy

just curoius though, y would you look up what i wrote a few months ago? you have to much time on your hands

Time? It takes about three seconds to click 'search members posts' and I was curious where all the hostility came from. I mean, I know it would be a drag to get a pass someplace where I hated all the people already. Clashboy, you can mow my lawn next summer and we'll be sure to get you back to Elk :)

No worries.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

and sorry for any misunderstanding regarding good nick vs bad nick

Yeah, IDK how often you're over in the park, but we all try to stay on the good side of GoodNick.