height:

weight:

ability:

what you ski most often:

where you ski most often:

how aggressive are you:

what you currently ski on (boots/skis/bindings):

what you like/don't like about your current set up:

answer that and i'll be able to give you a pretty solid idea of what to look for. if you're planning on getting new skis soon, i wouldnt waste your money on a remount on the juvy right now. that ski is so light that mounting it true center isnt going to make much a difference.

height:5'0''

weight:96

ability: kind of medium-advanced (in between)

what you ski most often:park

where you ski most often:bear creek

how aggressive are you:medium

what you currently ski on (boots/skis/bindings):Axis AX3 Junior Kids , k2 juvys, Salomon 710 bindings

what you like/don't like about your current set up:skis aren't centered , everything is starting to be grown out of

" i wouldn't waste your money on a remount on the juvy right now". that is what i was thinking to

if there is anything confusing or that i did wrong on the describing part just tell me thanks

height:5'0''

weight:96

ability: kind of medium-advanced (in between)

what you ski most often:park

where you ski most often:bear creek

how aggressive are you:medium

what you currently ski on (boots/skis/bindings):Axis AX3 Junior Kids , k2 juvys, Salomon 710 bindings

what you like/don't like about your current set up:skis aren't centered , everything is starting to be grown out of

" i wouldn't waste your money on a remount on the juvy right now". that is what i was thinking to

if there is anything confusing or that i did wrong on the describing part just tell me thanks

I'd go for Dynastar Troubled skis, in 158. I know someone thats about your size and age that just got them, and really likes them. I seen them myself and they're solid solid skis as far as kids skis go. You seem to be on the cusp of kids and adult skis. You seem to be a bit too light and short this year for adults, but next year you should be able to make the transition.

http://www.backcountry.com/store/DYN0163/c...-Skis-Kids.html

I'd go for Dynastar Troubled skis, in 158. I know someone thats about your size and age that just got them, and really likes them. I seen them myself and they're solid solid skis as far as kids skis go. You seem to be on the cusp of kids and adult skis. You seem to be a bit too light and short this year for adults, but next year you should be able to make the transition.

http://www.backcountry.com/store/DYN0163/c...-Skis-Kids.html

thanks that helps do you know anything about boots for freestyle riding that would be good for me?

• 4 weeks later...
thanks that helps do you know anything about boots for freestyle riding that would be good for me?

the salomon spk kreation, they are cheaper than the regular spk, but blue, also have a softer feel and more flexable shell, its actually intended for the up and coming park rat, and price wise u can probably get them for 250 right now

Hey I could use some help too

height: 5' 8"

weight:140

ability: advanced

what you ski most often: park and woods

where you ski most often: blue

how aggressive are you: pretty aggressive

what you currently ski on (boots/skis/bindings): Nordica beasts(boots), 175 cm Dynastar Nothing-But-Troubles, 07 Rossi Ax scratch(bindings)

what you like/don't like about your current set up: skis are super stiff and got some weight to them

I'm trying to figure out a new setup, any help would be appreciated, hopefully lighter and more flexible so I can get past the 3's and maybe land a 5!

the salomon spk kreation, they are cheaper than the regular spk, but blue, also have a softer feel and more flexable shell, its actually intended for the up and coming park rat, and price wise u can probably get them for 250 right now

i have the regular spks from last year and they are a great boot but i get HORRIBLE shin bang in them. my shins are currently bruised because of the stupid shin bang. i still get shin bang even when they are buckled tightly and properly.

Hey I could use some help too

height: 5' 8"

weight:140

ability: advanced

what you ski most often: park and woods

where you ski most often: blue

how aggressive are you: pretty aggressive

what you currently ski on (boots/skis/bindings): Nordica beasts(boots), 175 cm Dynastar Nothing-But-Troubles, 07 Rossi Ax scratch(bindings)

what you like/don't like about your current set up: skis are super stiff and got some weight to them

I'm trying to figure out a new setup, any help would be appreciated, hopefully lighter and more flexible so I can get past the 3's and maybe land a 5!

Hmmm its interesting that you find the NBTs too stiff, cuz they are actually the more flexible twin in Dynastars lineup as compared to the Troublemakers. As I was going down your post I was gonna recommend some Troublemakers, till I saw what you said about the NBTs. It doesn't really make much sense to say that you're 5'8" and 140lbs and list yourself as an aggressive skier, yet find the NBTs too stiff. They are marketed as and ski like a twin for more intermediate/beginner park skiers/skiers. If you're looking for an even lighter ski that will still ski alright, check out some of Salomon and Atomic's stuff.

Finally, its not the ski thats holding you back from 5's, you just gotta step up and take that rotation 180 degrees further. Just keep hittin' the same jump and getting a feel for it, and make sure you're really turning your head and shoulders in the air to bring your spin around. You'll nail it once and then they'll feel like cake forever.

I don't know why I find them so stiff, it could be because they are 175's and I am pretty light, don't know, but have tried my friends armada's and they made mine feel like 2 by 4's. Also, I ride these skis becuase I picked them up online new for only $125. Otherwise I would have got something else, but I used the money i saved to pay for my pass at blue. But thanks

Are you one of the dudes who has the video on NS, if so you guys are sick but I still haven't seen you up in Sidewinder... if I did I would shake your hand because that was a sic vid!

Maybe.... There are a few of us that ride a lot up there who all ski park for the most part. Anyway, with regards to skis, look for the next demo day at Blue. The ones they have in February or March are the best to go to because the companies that come not only have many of this years skis for you to try out, but some of next years as well. You can ski as many runs as you want on a bunch of different twin tips, and see if there is something you fall in love with. The next one might be February 14th. Skip school and find what you like.

Thanks, and if you need someone to ride the park with, look for me in all brown with grey helmet and the spy goggles on the ntb's, also I might see you at the rail jam at king of Prussia

There's always a fairly large crew out on weekends, usually pretty early. I'm usually there at 7:30. It shouldn't be too hard finding anybody.

Anyway, with regards to skis, look for the next demo day at Blue.

The next one might be February 14th. Skip school and find what you like.

Nestor's & Langhorne are combining for a demo day at Blue on 2/14. It's on all the ski reps' schedules so you should have a good chance to try some new stuff.

Check with either of the shops for discount tickets if you don't have a pass.

According to the master demo schedule put together by the ski reps, that is the last demo of the season.

Before that they will be at Camelback with The Loft on Saturday 2/9.

These are the only two ski demos left on the master schedule now that the show season is in full swing (Vegas this week, Stratton next, Annapolis the week of the 18th, then Edison the week of the 25th).

fyi, the next 2 Elk Winterfest dates DO NOT have demos! normally they do but they fall during rep shows and no one can make it this year.

Either way, make some turns and have fun!

Nestor's & Langhorne are combining for a demo day at Blue on 2/14. It's on all the ski reps' schedules so you should have a good chance to try some new stuff.

Check with either of the shops for discount tickets if you don't have a pass.

According to the master demo schedule put together by the ski reps, that is the last demo of the season.

Before that they will be at Camelback with The Loft on Saturday 2/9.

These are the only two ski demos left on the master schedule now that the show season is in full swing (Vegas this week, Stratton next, Annapolis the week of the 18th, then Edison the week of the 25th).

fyi, the next 2 Elk Winterfest dates DO NOT have demos! normally they do but they fall during rep shows and no one can make it this year.

Either way, make some turns and have fun!

Thanks for the update Johnny! I'm definitely skipping class for this one!