Bode Update

Ski

After celebrating his arrival in Adelboden last weekend with trips to six different nightclubs in three days, Bode Miller went on to nearly finish the first run of slalom and giant slalom on Saturday and Sunday.

"I feel good about my performance," Miller told a Skiracing Magazine reporter follow his second DNF on Sunday. "Racing isn't about results. It's not like anybody's keeping track of these things."

When you read that Bode DNFed do you ever get a slight tickle in your stomach while thinking 'oh man I can't WAIT to post this on PASR!'

Just curious.

What a queer, leading, self-serving thing to ask. A slight tickle in my stomach? Uh, yeah, DH...I watched this FOUR DAYS AGO and just couldn't wait to post. :confused

That was pretty weak, DH, even for you. Bode did win the final downhill training run at Wengen by about two second. Did you see it?

Well there is a surprize! The Bode Hater is at it again. Anyone hear about all the Yankee players on steroids? Last I was told steroids are illegal and BEER isn't!

You aren't very bright, are you 1st Grade? Listen: it isn't just Yankee players on steroids. Every Major League Baseball team has suspected and admitted steroid users. Is Bonds a Yankee? Was Mark Mcgwire a Yankee? Is Sammy Sosa a Yankee?

So, all baseball teams are involved in the scandal, while Bode is the only asshole who blows his Olympic experience by getting trashed.

Next?

You aren't very bright, are you 1st Grade? Listen: it isn't just Yankee players on steroids. Every Major League Baseball team has suspected and admitted steroid users. Is Bonds a Yankee? Was Mark Mcgwire a Yankee? Is Sammy Sosa a Yankee?

So, all baseball teams are involved in the scandal, while Bode is the only asshole who blows his Olympic experience by getting trashed.

Next?

You are so fucking stupid I can't even stand it! You are a Yankees fan and their players are involved. You try to change the subject by saying others are involved. So what! Then you love to trash Bode by saying he drinks. WHO CARES?! You and only you! Then you say Bode isn't a good role model. Are the Yankee steroid users? Tomba was a party animal and he won everything. Get real you stupid fucking idiot!

I can't wait to see where you take this one. I'm sure it will be to LEFT FIELD.

:ph34r:

You are so fucking stupid I can't even stand it! You are a Yankees fan and their players are involved. You try to change the subject by saying others are involved. So what! Then you love to trash Bode by saying he drinks. WHO CARES?! You and only you! Then you say Bode isn't a good role model. Are the Yankee steroid users? Tomba was a party animal and he won everything. Get real you stupid fucking idiot!

I can't wait to see where you take this one. I'm sure it will be to LEFT FIELD.

1. Well, I'm smarter than you, so where does that leave you?

2. Tomba faked his party rep. Read his book. Man, you're like 10 years behind the news.

3. I hate what steroids has done to baseball. Maybe you missed my rant about Bonds? I said it destroyed the most important records in baseball. What's your point? I think players who took HGH after they were banned by MLB should be punished. I think every Yankee that violated league rules should suffer the same punishment as every other player around MLB.

4. Baseball players that cheated are horrible role models.

5. Bode Miller is a horrible role model.

6. I think it's pathetic when an athlete refuses help with his alcoholism and it costs him Olympic medals. Left field?

7. Fuck off. You're just being a troll with a personal attack.

BTW, 1st Grade, go take your meds. Something is seriously wrong that you get so nuts over Bode. Every bad thing people say about him was invited by his actions and words. So what if I don't like him? Why do you care? Would you really tell your kid to call his/her boss an asshole and not expect repercussions?

1. Well, I'm smarter than you, so where does that leave you?

2. Tomba faked his party rep. Read his book. Man, you're like 10 years behind the news.

3. I hate what steroids has done to baseball. Maybe you missed my rant about Bonds? I said it destroyed the most important records in baseball. What's your point? I think players who took HGH after they were banned by MLB should be punished. I think every Yankee that violated league rules should suffer the same punishment as every other player around MLB.

4. Baseball players that cheated are horrible role models.

5. Bode Miller is a horrible role model.

6. I think it's pathetic when an athlete refuses help with his alcoholism and it costs him Olympic medals. Left field?

7. Fuck off. You're just being a troll with a personal attack.

BTW, 1st Grade, go take your meds. Something is seriously wrong that you get so nuts over Bode. Every bad thing people say about him was invited by his actions and words. So what if I don't like him? Why do you care? Would you really tell your kid to call his/her boss an asshole and not expect repercussions?

Go challenge a 14 year old kid to a chinese downhill.

:ph34r:

Bode fuckin rules! I wanna be Bode.. Ski secretly wishes he was Bode too... :blink:

No, Rob. Not in a million years would I want his talent if it meant I had a hand in murdering someone. I guess you and I are more different than I thought.

Rerun

Yes and no. It's another World Cup season to talk about. I was more than happy to discuss his 3rd in the Super Combined today....and what went wrong for him.

Yes and no. It's another World Cup season to talk about. I was more than happy to discuss his 3rd in the Super Combined today....and what went wrong for him.

Only the exact same comments are made as previous seasons. He's still a hit or miss skier, who right now seems to be missing more than hitting. Your opinions on the matter are well known, as are FGT's as are PS's.

We don't have a large fanbase for WC racing here, and the result is the same played out dicussion/argument everytime Bode comes up. I don't care that threads are created about the guy. I like to hear how Bode, and the U.S. Ski team for that matter, are doing. I just wish you and the others wouldn't immediately go down the same conversational path every single time. The flames aren't even that funny or clever. It's just boring.

Maybe it's just me though.

Okay. So some topics don't interest you. That's fine. But if you noticed, I posted a thread regarding the most influential ski racer of our time, mocking how he just crashed out of back to back races. A guy who is coming into this season leaving the national team and dealing with fallout of egging on a family member who murdered a cop.

Isn't that noteworthy? Does it need to be done in a different style?

Further, Bode won a downhill training run by an unheard of 2 seconds---on the second most famous track. It's a huge weekend in the history of ski racing...

Bitching about who has a better terrain park after a week of crappy weather is more noteworthy? On some Euro MB's, there are thousands of people arguing about Bode...but here it's not welcome?

I understand the orginal post. I don't understand the need to have the following conversation almost verbatim over and over:

S: Bode Crashed.

R: Bode Rules.

S: Bode is a horrible Role Model.

R: Progression. (Or some freestyle reference)

F: Random uninteresting flame

S: Don't tell me who I should be a fan of.

I don't get the need to argue with the same people in such a redundent fashion. If there were more people involved then maybe I get it. At least there are multiple and changing points of view in each discussion. I'm not going to delete the posts. Even the really nasty ones because it seems the three of you thrive on this stuff, and if you didn't want the nasty comments you wouldn't participate in this stuff. So, your welcome (under my watch anyways) to keep up with what your doing.

My point was that it's lame that I'd like to get the news, and maybe a comment or two from some people who know whats up about the event or WC in general. Your comments about the relevance of results in ski racing this week mean tons more to someone like me than hearing bode is a bad role model. I don't follow racing enough to know the significance but I already have my opinions about his value as a role model/ski icon.

And I understand where you're coming from. But DH's meaningless and nasty first response aside, Larry made what I consider a valid point, comparing rooting for the Yankees and rooting against Bode. I can get past him calling me a fucking this and a fucking that, and answer his supposition.

Aside from the language and personal attacks, I have to totally disagree with any need for limiting the discussion of Bode, good or bad.

No, Rob. Not in a million years would I want his talent if it meant I had a hand in murdering someone. I guess you and I are more different than I thought.

no your sarcasm detector is broken, apparently..

I really do wanna be Bode. Did you see that one chick? wannabebode is me!!